YOU CAN DO IT!
Here are 10 reasons why you should become a pharmacist:
1. You get to help people. Pharmacists help people from all walks of life achieve healthier and more productive lives.
2. It's hands-on. Pharmacists are visible and vital members of the healthcare team, collaborating directly with other healthcare professionals and patients every day.
3. You have choices. From retail to research, pediatrics to poison control, pharmacy offers a variety of career options. You can choose a direction that matches your interests, and you don’t have to stay in one box your entire career.
4. The future looks exciting. New innovations in the pharmacy field like robotics and pharmacogenetics (drug therapy based on people’s genetic makeup) promise to have a transformative impact on healthcare.
5. You earn a great salary. Money isn’t everything, but it’s still nice to work in a well-paid profession. The average pharmacist makes between $100,000-140,000 per year.
6. It’s a stable profession. Pharmacists are always needed—even during economic downturns.
7. Flexible hours. Some pharmacy positions offer flexible schedules or part-time hours so you can manage family responsibilities and achieve work-life balance.
8. It’s a trusted profession. Pharmacists are widely respected for their knowledge and expertise; they’re top-ranked professionals who’ve earned the public’s trust.
9. You’ll never stop learning. As science advances, so will your knowledge. Pharmacists always stay abreast of the latest medical developments.
10. You make a difference. Not many people can go home at the end of every day knowing they’ve made a direct and positive impact on people in their community.