We’re not going to sugar-coat it: There’s a bunch of paperwork involved with enrolling in a university. It may seem overwhelming, but there’s fun to be had, too. Once you make your way through the administrative stuff, it will all be worth it. We promise.
STEPS FOR AN ACCEPTED STUDENT:
(Students who have received an acceptance packet from the University, but have not submitted their deposit.)
REGISTER FOR ORANGE AND BLACK ACCEPTED STUDENT DAY
- To help make your final decision, we encourage you to attend an Orange and Black Accepted Student Day on Feb. 22 or March 23, 2020. Designed for students in the final stages of their decision-making process, this special visit day will show you what your life could be like at ONU.
FILE THE FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA any time after Oct. 1. Use our school code – 003089 – to designate ONU as a recipient of your FAFSA. We’ll start to send comprehensive financial aid packages to FAFSA filers in December. If you don’t plan to file, please notify our Office of Financial Aid in writing as soon as possible.
MAKE YOUR DEPOSIT AND MAKE IT OFFICIAL.
- Reserve your spot in the entering class by submitting your deposit.
- Submitting your deposit provides student access to set up your ONU email, to register for Summer Orientation and select your housing.
STEPS FOR A DEPOSITED STUDENT:
Some steps below require your ONU username and password.
SET UP YOUR ONU EMAIL ACCOUNT.
- We’ll send detailed information after we receive your deposit. Add your ONU email account to your phone, or download the Gmail app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- This typically occurs one to two weeks after you deposit.
SIGN UP FOR A SUMMER ORIENTATION SESSION.
- Register early because spaces for each date fill up quickly. You will register for classes at summer orientation.
- Mark your calendar for Summer Orientation 2020. Sessions will be held June 11, 12, 18 and 19.
- The orientation guidebook is available on the my.onu.edu orientation portal. (username and password required)
CONNECT WITH OTHER NEW POLAR BEARS.
SIGN UP FOR CAMPUS HOUSING.
- Deposit now to get access to your online registration for campus housing. We’ll make housing and roommate assignments in mid-summer.
- If you made your deposit and have your ONU email address, username and password, register here. (username and password required)
- After logging into your "My Housing" account you can manage your room assignment, roommate information and meal plan.
LET YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR KNOW YOU ARE COMING TO ONU.
- Your counselor will need to send us a final, official transcript, which includes your graduation date, before you begin classes at ONU. Transcripts submitted by email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.