Now that you're officially accepted to ONU, here are your next steps to becoming a Polar Bear. We’re not going to sugar-coat it: Enrolling in a university may seem overwhelming, but there’s fun to be had, too. Once you make your way through the administrative stuff, it will all be worth it. We promise.
STEPS FOR AN ACCEPTED STUDENT:
(Students who have received an acceptance packet from the University, but have not submitted their deposit.)
1) VISIT CAMPUS
- If you haven't been on ONU's campus or would like to visit a second time, we encourage you to schedule with us. Your visit will include a campus tour, a financial aid meeting, time with your admissions counselor and a faculty appointment in your major. Schedule a visit.
2) SCHEDULE AN ACCEPTED STUDENT CAMPUS VISIT
- Available each weekday, this visit allows you to build your schedule with appointments designed to help you finalize your decision. Morning and afternoon arrival times are available. Click here to register
3) FILE THE FAFSA
- Complete the FAFSA any time after Oct. 1. Use our school code – 003089 – to designate ONU as a recipient of your FAFSA. We’ll start to send comprehensive financial aid packages to FAFSA filers in December. If you don’t plan to file, please notify our Office of Financial Aid in writing as soon as possible.
4) MAKE YOUR DEPOSIT AND MAKE IT OFFICIAL
- Reserve your spot in the entering class by submitting your deposit.
- Submitting your deposit provides student access to set up your ONU email, to register for Summer Orientation and select your housing.
STEPS FOR A DEPOSITED STUDENT:
Some steps below require you to access my.onu.edu using your ONU network account.
1) SET UP YOUR ONU NETWORK AND EMAIL ACCOUNT
- Directions on how to set up your ONU network account are sent by email after you submit your deposit.
- Add your ONU email account to your phone, or download the Gmail app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
2) SIGN UP FOR A SUMMER ORIENTATION SESSION
- Registration for 2023 Summer Orientation is now open. Register here.
- Summer Orientation dates are: June 5, 6, 15 and 16.
- We encourage you to register early. Spaces are limited and fill up quickly.
3) CONNECT WITH OTHER NEW POLAR BEARS
- Join our Facebook group for first-year students. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
4) SIGN UP FOR CAMPUS HOUSING
- Access the housing registration form on my.onu.edu using your ONU network account.
- Planning to commute? All incoming freshmen and new transfer students who wish to commute must turn in a form by June 28. All forms received after this deadline will incur a $50 late-processing fee and could result in the student not being approved for off-campus commuting. Visit Self-Service Banner to complete the Off-Campus Housing Form by clicking the "Student" tab, "My Housing", and then select the off-campus housing application within the housing self-service site.
5) LET YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR KNOW YOU ARE COMING TO ONU.
- Your counselor will need to send us a final, official transcript, which includes your graduation date, before you begin classes at ONU. Transcripts submitted by email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OPTIONAL: CONSIDER TAKING A SUMMER REFRESHER COURSE (Biology, Chemistry, or Math).
- Offered on-campus
- Not required for entering students
- More info here