Now that you're officially accepted to ONU, here are your next steps to becoming a Polar Bear. We’re not going to sugar-coat it: Enrolling in a university may seem overwhelming, but there’s fun to be had, too. Once you make your way through the administrative stuff, it will all be worth it. We promise.
STEPS FOR AN ACCEPTED STUDENT:
(Students who have received an acceptance packet from the University, but have not submitted their deposit.)
1) REGISTER FOR ORANGE AND BLACK ACCEPTED STUDENT DAY (VIRTUAL) – SATURDAY, MARCH 6
- To help you make your final decision, plan to attend this special day of programming. Designed for students in the final stages of their college decision-making process, this virtual event will offer unique insights into the ONU experience. Register today.
2) ATTEND A VIRTUAL ACADEMIC SESSION
To assist you with learning more about your academic program, attend one of these sessions hosted by current ONU faculty and students. Register today.
3) FILE THE FAFSA
- Complete the FAFSA any time after Oct. 1. Use our school code – 003089 – to designate ONU as a recipient of your FAFSA. We’ll start to send comprehensive financial aid packages to FAFSA filers in December. If you don’t plan to file, please notify our Office of Financial Aid in writing as soon as possible.
4) MAKE YOUR DEPOSIT AND MAKE IT OFFICIAL
- Reserve your spot in the entering class by submitting your deposit.
- Submitting your deposit provides student access to set up your ONU email, to register for Summer Orientation and select your housing.
STEPS FOR A DEPOSITED STUDENT:
Some steps below require your ONU username and password.
1) SET UP YOUR ONU EMAIL ACCOUNT
- We’ll send detailed information after we receive your deposit. Add your ONU email account to your phone, or download the Gmail app in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
- This typically occurs one to two weeks after you deposit.
2) SIGN UP FOR A SUMMER ORIENTATION SESSION.
- Registration for 2021 summer dates is now open. Click here to register.
- Our hope is to have orientation be in person if at all possible. The final format (in person or virtual) will be decided in the spring as we continue to monitor COVID-19 restrictions.
- Register early. Spaces are limited and fill up quickly.
3) CONNECT WITH OTHER NEW POLAR BEARS
- Join our Facebook group for first-year students. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
4) SIGN UP FOR CAMPUS HOUSING
- Deposit now to get access to your online registration for campus housing. We’ll make housing and roommate assignments in mid-summer.
- If you made your deposit and have your ONU email address, username and password, register here. (username and password required)
- After logging into your "My Housing" account you can manage your room assignment, roommate information and meal plan.
- Planning to commute? All incoming freshmen and new transfer students who wish to commute must turn in a form by June 28. All forms received after this deadline will incur a $50 late-processing fee and could result in the student not being approved for off-campus commuting. Visit Self-Service Banner to complete the Off-Campus Housing Form.
5) LET YOUR SCHOOL COUNSELOR KNOW YOU ARE COMING TO ONU.
- Your counselor will need to send us a final, official transcript, which includes your graduation date, before you begin classes at ONU. Transcripts submitted by email can be sent to email@example.com.