The Town & Gown committee is seeking nominations for the 2020 and 2021 Distinguished Citizen of the Year. These individuals go above and beyond what is required in the areas of accomplishments and civic involvement. Nominees have improved the quality of the Ada community and have made strides to make Ada and ONU a place of pride. The nominee may be a community leader, or even a “silent server” in the community who often will forego personal recognition in the interest of making a difference in their community and the lives of others. Due to COVID-19 concerns, this year’s Town & Gown Banquet will be not be held.
Guidelines for the Distinguished Citizen of the Year award:
- The nominee should be a person who looks at what they can do for others and their community to make a positive impact.
- The nominee should be a person who has demonstrated extensive participation, leadership and support in public and/or private civic endeavors over a period of years.
- The nominee should be a person who has successfully gotten others to participate in public and/or private civic endeavors over a period of years.
Please include as much information as possible to support your nomination. The selection committee relies heavily on nominating documents such as letters of support, news articles, etc., when making its decision.
Below are a detailed list of suggestions, but not limited to:
- Activities, events, and programs the nominee is or has been involved with and the specific support given to each.
- List all awards, civic contributions and professional achievements attained. ➢ Please include your personal reason for your nomination, being as thorough as possible.
- Please cite specific examples. In promoting nominations, letters of support, news articles, etc. are most helpful in making a decision. Please include as much information as possible to support your nomination. The selection committee relies heavily on the nominating documents for its decision, but may review additional information or sources if deemed necessary.
The deadline for nominations is Friday, Nov. 12, 2021
You may nominate an individual electronically via the form below, or you can submit a nomination via email.
Partial list of past recipients
2019 Bill & Beth Ann Bass | 2018 Bryan Marshall | 2017 Connie Fleming | 2016 Jay Epley | 2015 Saundra Neely | 2014 David Retterer | 2013 Agnes Crates | 2012 James Turner | 2011 Mary Bowden | 2010 Ken and Toby Baker | 2009 Terry Keiser | 2008 Arden Searson | 2007 Dick Lawrence | 2006 Norm Rex | 2005 Ed and Rosie Williams | 2004 Jim Meyer | 2003 Vicki Wolke and Joe Kindle | 2002 Mark Shull | 2001 Evelyn Jenkins | 2000 William Robinson | 1999 Jonell Hanratty | 1998 Jim and Jane Klingenberger | 1997 Jean Searson | 1996 Charles VanDyne and David and Jane Weimer | 1995 DeBow and Catherine Freed