ALL STUDENTS ENTERING THE HEALTH CENTER MUST WEAR A MASK.
A limited number of students may be in the Health Center at one time to maintain social distancing. Only one person can be in one exam room at one time. No other visitors/friends will be permitted. These changes are due to COVID-19 Virus and the protection of ONU students and staff. Together we can stop the spread of this virus.
Other changes in the ONU Health Center:
- The ONU Health Center will initiate phone and Zoom meeting (telehealth) for all medical provider visits.
- No cost for students to call and talk to a nurse practitioner or physician.
- Call 419-772-2086 for a phone or Zoom telehealth visit by appointment or on real time.
- Real time is where you would talk to a NP or Dr. at the time you call, pending their availability.
- If you need to see a medical provider face to face, that will be available the same day or by appointment per student request.
Call 419-772-2086 to schedule an appointment for a nurse visit. This would be for allergy and all other injections, TB test, drug screens, or other visits to see a nurse.
PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH QUALITY HEALTH CARE
The ONU Health Center is staffed by nurse practitioners, a physician and nurses. The health center will be providing phone and Zoom telehealth visits and face-to-face visits by appointments. These visits are free to ONU students. Call 419-772-2086 to make an appointment. The Health Center provides general health assessments, treatment and referrals to specialists in the area.
Students who are ill and miss classes are responsible for notifying their professors concerning missed classes/assignments. Written excuses are not issued.
Confidentiality: All medical records are strictly confidential, and no information is released without authorization from the student in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio. Medical records are kept for four years after a student leaves ONU, and then the records are destroyed.
- Physical examinations
- Allergy injections
- Acute illness and injury assessment and treatment
- Lab draws
- Wound care and suture removal
- Health prevention/promotion education
- General health assessment
- First aid
- Pregnancy tests
- Strep test
- Referrals to specialists in area
- Earwax removal
- Urine checks
- Blood sugar checks
- Minor laceration repair
- Rapid mono test
- Blood pressure checks
- STI screening (tests are sent to a lab and charged to student insurance)
- Birth control
- Pap smears
- Breast and female exams
- Health information for women
WE ALSO OFFER:
- Allergy injections: The Student Health Center gives allergy injections to students as directed by their personal allergist. The student must provide the serum and orders.
- Travel health: Are you traveling overseas? Immunization referral and individual counseling is available to students traveling abroad. Written prescriptions provided as needed.
- Laboratory: Have your blood tests drawn at the Health Center. Bring an order from your health care provider, and tests are billed to your insurance company.
- Blood pressure checks: Receive free blood pressure checks on a walk-in or appointment basis.
- Wheelchair and crutch loans: You can sign out to borrow crutches and/or a wheelchair for medical transportation. You are responsible to return them in a timely manner. If you do not return them, you will be billed the cost of the replacement.
It is recommended to call in advance for an appointment at 419-772-2086. There is no charge to see the physician, certified nurse practitioner (CNP) or nurses for injuries or illnesses. Limited over-the-counter medications, minor injury supplies and other services are provided at no cost. Most laboratory tests, such as throat cultures, urine cultures, complete blood counts and lab mononucleosis screenings, are sent to a reference laboratory, and a fee is charged by that laboratory (Pathology Laboratories). Prescriptions are filled by a local pharmacy and billed to student insurance. Referrals are made for students to see medical specialists as needed and are at the student's cost. All fees are the responsibility of the patient.