Ohio Northern University’s student-athletes and coaches set a high bar for achievement and integrity both inside and outside the classroom. Here we build relationships and character along with athletic ability. Coaches treat student-athletes like members of their own families. They mentor, challenge and inspire. Teammates have each other’s backs, and they forge friendships that last a lifetime. In stadiums and pools, or on fields, tracks and courts, our student-athletes display the championship traits that let them live up to their potential.
When you join the Polar Bear Club, you keep our tradition of excellence alive. You help ensure that Polar Bear student-athletes have the equipment, experiences and opportunities they need to compete and learn at a high level. We are one Polar Bear team, separated only by years, and every generous gift makes us stronger.
Join the Polar Bear Club, ONU’s annual fundraising program, with a gift of any size.
Polar Bear Club Membership runs June 1-May 31 annually.
Endowment gifts provide lasting financial stability and help ONU Athletics plan for the future, providing opportunities for student-athletes to train, grow and compete in a competitive environment. An endowment fund can be established and designated for a specific sport or program. Each endowment gift for a sport is invested and earns income to support that program in perpetuity.
These achievements would not be possible without the continued support of Polar Bear Club members.
“I appreciate the donations and alumni connections that the Polar Bear Club provides for our team. It makes it easier to fight through adversity knowing they’ve got our backs.”JOSH GRANT, BS '21
YOUR SUPPORT MOVES US FORWARD
When you join the Polar Bear Club, you help coaches build their programs and provide second-to-none opportunities, which aid in recruiting and retaining exceptional student-athletes at Ohio Northern University.
HERE’S HOW THE POLAR BEAR CLUB IMPACTS STUDENT-ATHLETES:
• New uniforms. Thanks to the Polar Bear Club, we’ve recently purchased new Nike uniforms for men’s football, women’s soccer and men’s soccer.
• Safety and injury prevention. Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our athletes. The Polar Bear Club helped us purchase Vicis helmets for the football team that feature top-of-the-line technology for improved protection and performance. In addition, the club funded a cutting edge injury prevention program for women’s basketball.
• Team travel. ONU teams compete nationally and internationally in places like Europe, Las Vegas and Nashville, with the support of the Polar Bear Club. Through these experiences, student-athletes encounter new competitive challenges and expand
their cultural insights.
• Equipment and facilities. Polar Bear Club funding keeps our equipment and facilities operational and up to date. Recent upgrades include game goals and covered benches for women’s soccer; gear and audio visual equipment for wrestling; backstroke ledges, side grip handles and power racks for swimming/diving; office and stadium lounge improvements for football; goal nets for men’s soccer; team gear for volleyball; and much more.
• Special activities. From lifting programs to team meals, service projects and team bonding, the Polar Bear Club funds special initiatives that promote teamwork and build leadership skills.
“Thanks to donations and alumni support, I’ve had the opportunity to participate in highly competitive meets at locations like Emory University in Atlanta and North Central College in Naperville, Ind., that have enabled me to reach my goals.”Megan Wright, BS '21
We are 24 sports making up 1 team - committed to sustaining and improving ONU athletics for generations to come.