Ways to Give
YOUR SUPPORT MOVES US FORWARD
When you join the Polar Bear Club, you help coaches build their programs and provide second-to-none opportunities, which aid in recruiting and retaining exceptional student-athletes at Ohio Northern University.
HERE’S HOW THE POLAR BEAR CLUB IMPACTS STUDENT-ATHLETES:
• New uniforms. Thanks to the Polar Bear Club, we’ve recently purchased new Nike uniforms for men’s football, women’s soccer and men’s soccer.
• Safety and injury prevention. Nothing is more important than the health and safety of our athletes. The Polar Bear Club helped us purchase Vicis helmets for the football team that feature top-of-the-line technology for improved protection and performance. In addition, the club funded a cutting edge injury prevention program for women’s basketball.
• Team travel. ONU teams compete nationally and internationally in places like Europe, Las Vegas and Nashville, with the support of the Polar Bear Club. Through these experiences, student-athletes encounter new competitive challenges and expand
their cultural insights.
• Equipment and facilities. Polar Bear Club funding keeps our equipment and facilities operational and up to date. Recent upgrades include game goals and covered benches for women’s soccer; gear and audio visual equipment for wrestling; backstroke ledges, side grip handles and power racks for swimming/diving; office and stadium lounge improvements for football; goal nets for men’s soccer; team gear for volleyball; and much more.
• Special activities. From lifting programs to team meals, service projects and team bonding, the Polar Bear Club funds special initiatives that promote teamwork and build leadership skills.