Covid-19 Boosters and flu shots are available from 4-6 p.m. Monday through Friday at ONU HealthWise Pharmacy. Walk-in and scheduled appointments are also available. Please call the pharmacy at 419-772-3784 to schedule your appointment.
The CDC has now authorized a Pfizer COVID-19 booster shot for previous Pfizer recipients who meet the certain criteria. Please note: Moderna and Johnson and Johnson/Janssen Vaccines do not have boosters available at this time.
The qualifications for a Covid-19 booster shot include:
• Previously received the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine (two-part series)
• Received their 2nd dose at least 6 months prior to getting the booster
In addition, individuals, must:
• Be 65 years of age or older;
• Live in a Long-term care facility;
• Be 18-64 and have an underlying medical conditions such as cancer, cerebrovascular disease, chronic kidney disease, COPD, diabetes, heart condition, obesity, pregnancy or recent pregnancy, smoking (current and former); and/or
• Be 18-64 and be at increased risk for exposure or transmission of COVID-19 due to their occupation (ex: first responders, health care workers, etc.).
ONU HealthWise Pharmacy remains committed to caring for our community. For questions about COVID-19 boosters, flu shots or other healthcare needs, please call our team at 419-772-3784.