ADA, Ohio - We invite you to "be our guest" as we present the Freed Center for the Performing Arts' 30-year anniversary season and celebrate ONU's sesquicentennial. We are excited to celebrate these milestones with a mix of programming that includes some of the first theatre productions to be performed in the Freed Center and some favorites from over the years:
• "Beauty and the Beast" (Oct. 2-3 and 14-17), directed and choreographed by Matt Simpkins, BFA ’03
• The ONU Bands including Band-O-Rama (Oct. 31), the Symphonic Band and Spring Band Festival (May 1)
• The return of The ONU Holiday Spectacular (Nov. 18-20 in Ada and Dec. 3-5 in Lima)
• The ONU Dance Company featuring special guest Inlet Dance Theatre (Feb. 5-6)
• Henrik Ibsen’s "A Doll’s House" (Feb. 19-27), credited as the first play to be produced in the Freed Center
• A revival of "42nd Street" (April 9-10 and 21-24), the first musical to be produced in the Freed Center, with alumna Amanda Fannon-Wischmeyer, BFA ’11, as choreographer
We hope you will join us during this exciting year of celebration!