Complete the ONU Housing Application. Log in to Self-Service Banner, click the “myHousing” tab at the top of the page and follow the instructions to complete the housing application.
This fast and convenient system allows you to provide information about yourself that aids our staff in determining your housing assignment. You will receive your housing and roommate assignments in your ONU email.
Ohio Northern University’s residence life program aims to foster a dynamic living-learning environment. Living on-campus is a way of life at ONU, and we are committed to providing a quality housing experience. Ninety percent of our on-campus housing facilities have been newly built or fully renovated since 2000, and 30 percent of our housing features earth-friendly, geothermal technology. Full descriptions of our first-year housing areas can be found here.
All incoming Ohio Northern University international students are subject to the residency requirements in place for all ONU students. All ONU students are required to live on campus for three years unless they meet one of the following criteria and are approved to live off-campus:
- The student is 23 years old.
- The student is commuting from the permanent residence of a parent, grandparent or sibling within a 30-mile drive to campus.
- The student has earned an undergraduate degree.
- The student is married and residing with their spouse.
- The student will be arriving to the United States with an F-2 dependent.
- The student has lived on campus at Ohio Northern University for three years.
From experience, the University has found that students who live on-campus tend to be more successful academically, be more involved in ONU’s culture and develop more friendships than students who live off-campus. It is highly encouraged for incoming international students to live on campus.