PROVIDING STUDENTS WITH QUALITY HEALTH CARE
The ONU Health Center is a FREE, walk-in clinic for ONU students. Any ONU student, regardless of insurance, may utilize our services. The Health Center provides general health assessments, treatment and referrals to specialists in the area.
Students who are ill and miss classes are responsible for notifying their professors concerning missed classes/assignments. Written excuses are not issued.
Confidentiality: All medical records are strictly confidential and no information is released without authorization from the student in accordance with the laws of the state of Ohio. Medical records are kept for four years after a student leaves ONU, and then the records are destroyed.
- Physical examinations
- Allergy Injections
- Acute illness and injury assessment and treatment
- Lab draws
- Wound care and suture removal
- Female annual exams
- Health prevention/promotion education
- General health assessment
- First aid
- Over-the-counter medicine/samples
- Pregnancy tests
- Strep test
- Referral to specialists in area
- Earwax removal
- Urine checks
- Blood sugars
- Minor laceration repair
- Rapid mono test
- Blood pressure checks
- STI screening
- Birth control
- Pap smears
- Breast exams
- Health information for women
WE ALSO OFFER:
- Allergy injections: The Student Health Center gives allergy injections to students as directed by their personal allergist. The student must provide the serum and orders.
- Travel health: Are you traveling overseas? Immunizations and individual counseling are available for those students traveling abroad.
- Laboratory: Have your blood tests drawn at the Health Center. Walk-ins are welcome. Bring an order from your health care provider, and tests are billed to your insurance company.
- Blood pressure readings: Receive free blood pressure readings on a walk-in basis.
- Wheelchair and crutch loans: You can sign out to borrow crutches and/or a wheelchair for medical transportation. You are responsible to return them in a timely manner. If you do not return them, you will be billed the cost of the replacement.
It is recommended to call in advance for an appointment at 419-772-2086 to see the physician. There is no charge to see the physician, certified nurse practitioner (CNP) or nurses for injuries or illnesses. Some over-the-counter, minor injury supplies and other services are provided at no cost. Most laboratory tests, such as throat cultures, urine cultures, complete blood counts and lab mononucleosis screenings, are sent to a reference laboratory, and a fee is charged by that laboratory (Pathology Laboratories). Prescriptions are filled by a local pharmacy and billed to student insurance. Referrals are made as needed at student's cost. ALL FEES are the responsibility of the patient.