Physical Organic Chemistry
BS, University of Puget Sound
MS, Cornell University
PHD, Cornell University
- Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio, 2010-present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Ohio Northern University, Ada, Ohio, 2005-present
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Chemistry Department, Bucknell University, Lewisburg, Pa., 2003-05
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, The Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Md., 2001-03
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, Cornell University, 2001
- M.S., Organic Chemistry, Cornell University, 1997
- B.S., Chemistry, University of Puget Sound, 1995
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Introductory chemistry
- Long wavelength solvatochromic dyes
- Long wavelength photolabile protecting groups
- Investigation of the role of conical intersections in the mechanisms and reaction dynamics of organic photochemistry
- Quantum mechanics
- Celius, T. C.; Peterson, R. C.; Anderson-Wile, A. M.; Kraweic-Thayer, M.* From Observation to Prediction to Application: A Guided Exercise for Liquid-Liquid Extraction. J. Chem. Ed. 2018, 95, 1626-1630.
- Evans, A. S.; Cohen, A. D.; Gurard-Levin, Z. A.; Kebede, N.; Celius, T. C. ; Miceli, A. P.; Toscano, J.P. Photogeneration and Reactivity of Acyl Nitroso Compounds. Can. J. Chem. 2011, 89, 130-138.
- Celius, T. C. Fast Hetero-Diels-Alder Reactions Using 4-Phenyl-1, 2, 4-triazoline-3, 5-dione (PTAD) as the Dienophile. J. Chem. Educ. 2010, 87, 1236-1237.
- "New Potentials for Old: The Darboux Transformation in Quantum Mechanics" Williams, B. W.; Celius, T. C. J. Chem. Ed. 2008, 85, 576-584.
- "The Photochemistry of Diazirines" Celius, T. C.; Toscano, J. P. in The CRC Handbook of Organic Photochemistry and Photobiology (2nd edition); Horspool, W. editor., 2004.
- "The Photochemistry of a-Diazocarbonyl Compounds" Celius, T. C.; Wang, Y.; Toscano, J. P. in The CRC Handbook of Organic Photochemistry and Photobiology (2nd edition); Horspool, W. editor., 2004.
- "Controlled Photochemical Release of Nitric Oxide from O2-Naphthylmethyl- and O2-Naphthylallyl-Substituted Diazeniumdiolates" Bushan, K. M.; Xu, W.; Ruane, R. H.; D'Sa, R. A.; Pavlos, C. M.; Smith, J. A.; Celius, T. C.; Toscano, J. P. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2002, 124, 12640-12641.