BA, Hiram College
PHD, Indiana University Bloomington
- Professor,Ohio Northern University (ONU), Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 2015-
- Associate Professor, Ohio Northern University (ONU), Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 2005-2015.
- Assistant Professor, Ohio Northern University (ONU), Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, 2002-2005 .
- Part-time faculty member, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 2001 (Summer)
- Instructor, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, 1999 (Summer)
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 2000
- B.A., Chemistry (cum laude, ACS accredited) Hiram College, Hiram, OH 1994
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Synthesis
- NMR Spectroscopy
- Development of synthetic methods
- Total synthesis natural products
- The history of organic chemistry
- Zimmerman, J. R.; Johntony, O.;* Steigerwald, D.;* Criss, C.;* Myers, B. J.; Kinder, D. H. The Synthesis of a New Class of Highly Fluorescent Chromones via an Inverse-Demand Hetero-Diels–Alder Reaction. Org. Lett. 2015, 17, 3256–3259.
- Zimmerman, J. R.; Myers, B. J.; Bouhall, S.;* McCarthy, A.;* Johntony, O.;* Manpadi, M. A two-step, single pot procedure for the synthesis of substituted dihydropyrazolopyrimidines. Tetrahedron Lett. 2014, 55, 936–940.
- Fenlon, E.; Myers, B. J. Profiles in Chemistry: A Historical Perspective on the National Organic Symposium. J. Org. Chem. 2013, 78, 10.1021/jo302475j
- Williams, D. R.; Myers, B. J.; Mi, L.; Binder, R. J. Studies for the Total Synthesis of Amphidinolide P. J. Org. Chem. 2013, 4762–4778.
- McCarthy, A.;* Spatney, R.;* Manpadi, M.; Myers, B. J. Zimmerman, J. R. A direct conversion of carboxylic acids to methylthiomethyl esters using a microwave-assisted pummerer rearrangement with dimethylsulfoxide. Tetrahedron Lett. 2012, 53, 4782–4784.
- Webmaster, Organic Division of the American Chemical Society (https://organicdivision.org/), 2002-present