Commencement is a celebratory time on campus for graduates and their families and friends. Below are the dates and times for the 2019 commencement ceremonies. All commencement ceremonies will take place in the King Horn Sports Center on ONU's campus.
2019 Commencement Ceremonies
- Pharmacy Commencement Ceremony – Sunday, May 12, at 9 a.m.
- Undergraduate and MSA Commencement Ceremony – Sunday, May 12, at 2 p.m.
- Law Commencement Ceremony – Sunday, May 19, at 2 p.m.
- Baccalaureate Service – English Chapel, Saturday, May 11, at 4:30 p.m.
- President's Commencement Dinner for graduates and their families, McIntosh Center, Saturday, May 11, at 6 p.m. Dinner Registration.
- Rehearsals for commencement ceremonies are held the Saturday before the ceremony in King Horn Sports Center.
- Undergraduate and MSA rehearsal is Saturday, May 11, at 1 p.m.
- Class photo is Saturday, May 11, at 2:15 p.m.
- Pharmacy rehearsal is Saturday, May 11 at 2:30 p.m.
- Law rehearsal is Saturday, May 18, at 2 p.m.
VISIT THE SCHEDULES PAGE FOR THE DATES AND TIMES OF ALL COMMENCEMENT EVENTS.
GRADUATING SENIORS AND FIFTH-YEAR PHARMACY STUDENTS ARE INVITED TO ATTEND THE 2019 FAREWELL TOAST ON APRIL 24!
While not a commencement weekend activity, the Farewell Toast from 4 to 6 p.m. is an important step towards graduation. It is a time to celebrate your accomplishments and your next adventure. Enjoy food, gifts, information, cap and gown pickup, and a champagne toast with President Dan DiBiasio and his wife, Chris, at 5 p.m. in the McIntosh Ballroom!
- Complete the online intent-to-graduate survey inside Degreeworks and have it approved by your dean’s office. Applications are due fall semester (you can do this during your advising appointment in October). Students will be approved after the start of spring semester, pending a review of fall grades and spring registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Summer and Fall Graduates (Past and Present):
There are two ways for summer and fall graduates to participate in a spring commencement ceremony.
- Option 1: Apply for graduation and then complete your requirements for graduation at the end of a summer or fall semester. You must not have participated in a prior spring commencement ceremony. Please look for an email containing diploma and commencement information about a month before the end of the term you are graduating in.
- Option 2: Be approved to “participate” in spring commencement before all degree requirements have been met. Applications to participate in spring commencement before meeting degree requirements are due to your dean’s office by March 1. Also, complete the online intent-to-graduate survey found in your Degreeworks audit.
Please make sure that you have an accurate address on file (update Self Service Banner) so that you will receive information regarding your graduation and the commencement ceremony. If you have any questions, please email or call the registrar's office at 419-772-2024.
Caps and Gown Orders
Order your cap and gown here. The last day to order is March 22, 2019.
Herff Jones also will be on campus to take your orders Feb 25-26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. outside the McIntosh Dining Hall.
Cap and gown pricing:
Bachelor Package (cap, gown, tassel): $53.98
Master Package (cap, gown, tassel and hood): $98.98
Pharm D Package (cap, gown, tassel and hood): $123.98 (2019 graduates have already placed order)
JD Package (tam, gown, tassel and hood): $146.98
LLM Package (cap, gown, tassel and hood): 111.98
Pick up your cap and gown at the Farewell Toast on April 24 or any time after that at the Bookstore.
If you don't see the answer you're looking for, please feel free to ask us a question about commencement.