Commencement is a celebratory time on campus for graduates and their families and friends. Below are the dates and times for the 2019 commencement ceremonies. All commencement ceremonies will take place in the King-Horn Sports Center on ONU's campus.
2019 Commencement Ceremonies
- Pharmacy Commencement Ceremony – Sunday, May 12, at 9 a.m.
- Undergraduate and MSA Commencement Ceremony – Sunday, May 12, at 2 p.m.
- Law Commencement Ceremony – Sunday, May 19, at 2 p.m.
Visit the schedules page for the dates and times of all commencement events. The commencement ceremonies will be live-streamed on the ONU website. Simply go to www.onu.edu on the day of commencement, and you will see a link to the live-stream video.
Caps and gown orders: Pick up your cap and gown at the Bookstore.
- Baccalaureate Service – English Chapel, Saturday, May 11, at 4:30 p.m.
- President's Commencement Dinner for graduates and their families, McIntosh Center, Saturday, May 11, at 6 p.m. Dinner Registration.
- Rehearsals for commencement ceremonies are held the Saturday before the ceremony in King-Horn Sports Center.
- Undergraduate and MSA rehearsal is Saturday, May 11, at 1 p.m.
- Pharmacy rehearsal is Saturday, May 11, at 2:30 p.m.
- Law rehearsal is Saturday, May 18, at 2 p.m.
- Complete the online intent-to-graduate survey inside Degreeworks and have it approved by your dean’s office. Applications are due fall semester (you can do this during your advising appointment in October). Students will be approved after the start of spring semester, pending a review of fall grades and spring registration. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Summer and Fall Graduates (Past and Present):
There are two ways for summer and fall graduates to participate in a spring commencement ceremony.
- Option 1: Apply for graduation and then complete your requirements for graduation at the end of a summer or fall semester. You must not have participated in a prior spring commencement ceremony. Please look for an email containing diploma and commencement information about a month before the end of the term you are graduating in.
- Option 2: Be approved to “participate” in spring commencement before all degree requirements have been met. Applications to participate in spring commencement before meeting degree requirements are due to your dean’s office by March 1. Also, complete the online intent-to-graduate survey found in your Degreeworks audit.
Please make sure that you have an accurate address on file (update Self-Service Banner) so that you will receive information regarding your graduation and the commencement ceremony. If you have any questions, please email or call the registrar's office at 419-772-2024.
If you don't see the answer you're looking for, please feel free to ask us a question about commencement (email@example.com).