As an Ohio Northern alumnus, you are entitled to the same career advisory services that students receive for life.
Meet with a professional advisor either in person, virtually, by phone or via email to discuss any of the following:
- Looking for a different career or industry
- Negotiating salary and benefits
- Preparing for graduate school
- Updating your resume, cover letter, and/or LinkedIn profile
- Networking and preparing for career fairs
- Career Planning
POLAR CAREERS HAS PARTNERED WITH HANDSHAKE!
Handshake is the new platform that students and alumni can use to complete the following:
- Find full-time jobs, internships and co-ops
- Follow employers of interest (and receive notifications when they post new career opportunities)
- Search for career fairs and events hosted by Polar Careers and employers
- Register for on-campus and virtual career fairs and events
- Schedule 10-minute networking appointments/30-minute group meetings with employers during virtual career fairs
HOW TO GET STARTED
CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT
Handshake is where employers hire college students and new grads. Follow this link and enter your .edu email address to get started. If you do not have an .edu e-mail address, select Ohio Northern University and use your own e-mail to create an account.
FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE
You'll receive personalized job recommendations and get recruited by employers who want to hire students/alumni like you.
APPLY TO THE RIGHT JOBS FOR YOU
Learn about jobs and employers through student reviews and exclusive virtual events. Apply in as little as two clicks.
3 HANDSHAKE PROFILE MUST-HAVES TO GET HIRED:
1) Job type: What kind of job are you looking for?
2) Cities: Where do you want to work?
3) Roles: What do you want to do?
80% of students/alumni who fill out these interests receive a message from a recruiter. Fill out your Handshake profile today!
Employers are on Handshake exclusively to hire students/alumni like you for jobs and internships. Your Handshake profile lets you present a full picture of your background and experience to employers. Recruiters can see your classes, extracurricular activities, projects and more—so they know you have the skills they’re looking for.
There are thousands of employers on Handshake—more than 500,000 actually. That number may seem like a lot—and it is—but what does it mean? It means that in every state across the US, there are employers of all shapes and sizes hiring students/alumni like you. Including every Fortune 500 company, as well as startups, nonprofits and more.
To activate your access to services, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Full name (include maiden name if applicable)
- Current address
- Cell number
- Graduation date
Need help crafting a resume, developing interview skills, career planning, etc.? Contact us today at email@example.com for all options available to support you.