When do I schedule my classes?
After you have made the decision to attend Ohio Northern, you should send in your deposit. At that point, you should schedule your transfer orientation with the Dean's office of the College for your academic program. During this orientation you will complete an academic advising appointment and schedule classes.

When is orientation?
Students transferring to Ohio Northern complete orientation on an individual basis with the Dean's office of their academic program and are expected to participate in Welcome Weekend activities (fall semester).

How do I know which credits will transfer?
Students should request an official transcript be sent to Ohio Northern from all previous colleges/universities for review by ONU staff. You can also visit our online credit evaluation system (Transferology) to match your previous coursework with ONU courses.

What if I want to change my major?
If you decide to change your major prior to scheduling your transfer orientation/academic advising appointment, contact the Office of Admissions. If you decide to change your major after your transfer orientation/academic advising appointment, contact the Dean's office in the college of your current major. 

How do I get a job on campus?
If you are interested in working on campus, create a profile with Polar Careers (career services). They will help match you with open campus positions. 

Should I file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)?
We do not require the FAFSA, but encourage you to file it. In order to qualify for any federal grant or loan programs, the FAFSA is required. Be sure to include ONU's FAFSA school code (003089) when you complete or update your current FAFSA.  You can also visit the ONU online scholarship and cost calculator to find out specifics about your scholarship and financial aid eligibility. If you do not plan to file the FAFSA, please submit a written statement to the Office of Financial Aid. 

When do I receive my financial aid package?
Financial aid packages for our fall semester start are generally sent in mid-March. Packages are sent to students starting in spring semester upon receipt of the FAFSA. Please note, we can only send a financial aid package to a student that is officially accepted, has submitted the FAFSA, or notified the Financial Aid office in writing that they will not be filing the FAFSA.

What is the Certification of Good Standing form?
The Certification of Good Standing form is needed to confirm that you left your previous college/university in good academic and disciplinary standing. You, as the transfer student, will complete one portion of the form. A school official from your last college/university will complete the other portion and submit it to ONU by mail, fax or email.

What banks are available in Ada?
Ada offers several banking options including U.S. Bank, Liberty Bank, and Quest Federal Credit Union. All are within walking distance of the campus. 

Can I bring my car?
You can bring a car to campus. Register your car with the Office of Public Safety and purchase a parking pass in order to park on campus. Passes are available by semester or for the full year.

Can I bring a bicycle?
Yes. ONU is a residential campus where most students do not drive cars to class. Students regularly use bicycles on campus. Obtain an identification sticker from the Office of Public Safety for your bicycle. 

What kind of computer do I need?
Laptops are the most popular choice and are required for all students in the College of Business. ONU's campus is 100 percent wireless, and we provide technical support for both Windows-based and Macintosh operating systems.