Student Research Help
how to start your research
The Starting Your Research guide will give you guidance on how to start your research.
Need to find articles? Supposed to use the databases? Doing general research?
The List of Databases allows you to search for databases by name or browse by subject. (Use the dropdown at the top of the page to select your subject of study.)
- Off-Campus Access to Databases: When using library resources off campus, the system prompts for your Ohio Northern University username and password.
- This is the same username and password that you use to sign into your email.
- For additional help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interlibrary Loan: When ONU doesn't have access to what you need, use Interlibrary Loan to get a copy. For more information, visit the Interlibrary Loan page.
RefWorks: RefWorks is a tool that allows you to organize your research and help create your bibliography.
I need to talk to a librarian
If you have a question, ask us!
- Librarians are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and are always glad to answer your questions. Just ask for a librarian at the front Information Desk.
- If it is after hours or on the weekend, the staff at the front desk may be able to answer your question.
- If you would like to speak with a specific librarian, ask for that librarian by name.
- You can email email@example.com to ask your questions via email or to request an appointment. This email address is monitored by the librarians, and one of them will respond to you.
- You can also call the front desk with questions: 419-772-2181
- You can email an individual librarian. To find out who the librarian is for a department or major, take a look at the Personal Librarian page.
Personal Librarian Program: Learn more about the Personal Librarian program and find out who your personal librarian is.
what does that word mean?
Library Terminology: We have compiled a list of "library words" that you may not be familiar with.
Carrels - 2nd Floor
One carrel on the second floor of the library is designated for use by a student or student group completing a capstone project. The carrel is assigned for a one-year term each year at the beginning of the school year through a random drawing from among the names of those who have expressed interest. The carrel has a locking door, a desk, two chairs, two outlets, and an Ethernet port. A library staff member will unlock and lock the carrel each time the student or group uses it. The student or group may keep library materials in their carrel as long as the materials are checked out.
Heterick Memorial Library
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m.-Midnight
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m.-Midnight
Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-Midnight
Friday: 7:30 a.m.-8 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m.-Midnight