Polar Bear Club
ABOUT THE POLAR BEAR CLUB
GIVE | IMPACT REPORT | VIDEO
Athletics enhances the ONU experience fans, alumni, students and especially student-athletes.
We don’t want you to forget what it’s like to be part of ONU athletics. Join the Polar Bear Club, ONU’s annual fundraising program, with a gift of any size. Polar Bear Club Membership runs June 1-May 31 annually.
- The Polar Bear Club is a network of people who support ONU athletics and appreciate the valuable contribution that sports has on the student experience.
- Joining the Polar Bear Club is easy. Any gift made to the Polar Bear Club Fund or directly to one of ONU’s 23 varsity sports funds qualifies you for membership each year.
- Contributions to the Polar Bear Club provide direct financial support to all 23 intercollegiate sports.
- The Polar Bear Club supports more than 700 student-athletes in the form of equipment, travel and accommodations, improved facilities, and general operating support. A robust general fund for athletics is the surest way to grow ONU athletics both internally and externally.
- The Polar Bear Club raises the profile of ONU athletics and attract future student-athletes and coaches to Ohio Northern University.
OUR STUDENT-ATHLETES HAVE EARNED YOUR SUPPORT
ONU’s 700-plus student-athletes are some of the highest achievers on campus. Annually, they maintain an average GPA of more than 3.0, and routinely produce Academic All-OAC selections. On the field of play, they are no less remarkable. Last year alone, ONU produced seven OAC players of the year, 26 individual OAC champions, four OAC team champions, five NCAA Division III All-Americans and even a three-time national champion.
PUT ME IN, COACH
Your contribution to the Polar Bear Club doesn’t have to end with a gift. Come back to campus and attend a game, meet or match. Share your story with us and use social media to spread the word about ONU athletics.
GO FOR TWO
You could double or even triple the impact of your gift to Ohio Northern University if you or your spouse is employed by a company that matches the charitable contributions of its employees. Contact the human resources department at your workplace to learn more. With your donation, you will help us meet our strategic goal of building a more robust athletic program.