Commencement is a celebratory time on campus for graduates and their families and friends. Below are the dates and times for the 2019 Commencement Ceremonies. If you don't see the answer to your question, please "Ask us a Question About Commencement."
- ONU’s 2019 Pharmacy Commencement will be held on ONU’s campus Sunday, May 12, at 9 a.m. in the King Horn Sports Center.
- The 2019 Undergraduate and MSA Commencement Ceremony will be held on ONU’s campus Sunday, May 12, at 2 p.m. in the King Horn Sports Center.
- ONU’s 2019 Law Commencement will be held on ONU’s campus Sunday, May 19, at 2 p.m. in the King Horn Sports Center.
- A Baccalaureate Service will be held at the chapel on campus during Pharmacy and Undergraduate Commencement Weekends at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 11.
- A President’s Commencement Dinner for graduates and their families will be held in McIntosh Center on Saturday, May 11, at 6 p.m.
- Rehearsals for the Commencement ceremonies will be held the Saturday before the scheduled date. The Pharmacy Commencement rehearsal will be Saturday, May 11, at 2:30 p.m. The Undergraduate Commencement rehearsal will be Saturday, May 11, at 1 p.m. The Law Commencement rehearsal will be Saturday, May 18, at 1 p.m.
- The class photo is scheduled for Saturday, May 11 at 2:15 p.m.
VISIT THE SCHEDULES PAGE FOR THE DATES AND TIMES OF ALL COMMENCEMENT EVENTS
***GRADUATING SENIORS AND FIFTH-YEAR PHARMACY STUDENTS, DON'T FORGET TO ATTEND THE 2019 FAREWELL TOAST ON APRIL 23!***
While not a Commencement weekend activity, the Farewell Toast from 4 to 6 p.m. is an important step towards graduation. It is a time to celebrate your accomplishments and your next adventure! Enjoy food, gifts, information, cap and gown pickup, plus a champagne toast with President Dan DiBiasio and his wife, Chris, at 5 p.m.!
If you are a student who plans to participate in the Commencement Ceremony, you must:
- Apply for graduation and then complete your requirements for graduation at the end of the summer 2018 or fall semester 2018. You must not have participated in the Commencement Ceremony in May 2017. Please look for a letter containing diploma and commencement information about a month before the end of the term you are graduating.
- Apply for spring (May 2019) graduation and be approved by your dean’s office. If you have not already applied, you can do so by completing the form found on this page. Applications are due two semesters in advance of your completion.
- Be approved to “participate” in spring 2019 commencement before all degree requirements have been met. Applications to “participate” in spring 2019 commencement before meeting degree requirements are due to your dean’s office by March 1. Complete the application found on this page.
- Find full policy information here.
- You must also have an approved graduation application completed for the term you plan to graduate. You can find graduation application form on this page.
If you are no longer using your Unit Box, please contact the ONU mailroom so that they can officially close the box. Please make sure that you have an accurate address on file so that you will receive information regarding your graduation and the commencement ceremony. If you have any questions, please email or call the registrar's office at 419-772-2024.
CAPS AND GOWNS
Caps and gowns will be available soon.
Order deadlines and pickup dates are to be announced.
Cap and gown pricing:
Bachelor Package (cap, gown, tassel): $53.98
Master Package (cap, gown, tassel+hood): $98.98
Pharm D Package (cap, gown, tassel+hood): $123.98
JD Package (tam, gown, tassel+hood): $146.98
Herff Jones will be on campus Nov. 7 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. outside the bookstore.