Registration for commencement activities begins on March 1.
Commencement is a celebratory time on campus for graduates and their families and friends. Below are the dates and times for the 2017 Commencement Ceremonies. If you don't see the answer to your question, please ‘Ask us a Question About Commencement’
- ONU’s 2017 Pharmacy Commencement will be held on ONU’s campus on Sunday, May 14, at 9 a.m. in the King Horn Sports Center (LIVE STREAMING AVAILABLE)
- The 2017 Undergraduate and MPPA Commencement Ceremony will be held on ONU’s campus on Sunday, May 14, at 2 p.m. in the King Horn Sports Center (LIVE STREAMING AVAILABLE)
- ONU’s 2017 Law Commencement will be held on ONU’s campus on Sunday, May 21, at 2 p.m. in the King Horn Sports Center. (LIVE STREAMING AVAILABLE)
- A Baccalaureate Service will be held at the chapel on campus during Pharmacy and Undergraduate Commencement Weekends at 4:30 p.m. on Saturday, May 13.
- A President’s Commencement Dinner for graduates and their families will be held in McIntosh Center on Saturday, May 13, at 6 p.m.
- Rehearsals for the Commencement ceremonies will be held the Saturday before the scheduled date. The Pharmacy Commencement rehearsal will be Saturday, May 13, at 3 p.m. The Undergraduate Commencement rehearsal will be Saturday, May 13, at 1 p.m. The Law Commencement rehearsal will be Saturday, May 20, at 1 p.m.
VISIT THE SCHEDULES PAGE FOR THE DATES AND TIMES OF ALL COMMENCEMENT EVENTS
Rooms at The Inn at Ohio Northern University for these weekends may be reserved by calling 419-772-2500 (866-713-4513) or by visiting the website.
If you are a student who plans to participate in the Commencement Ceremony, you must:
- Have already applied for graduation and then complete your requirements for graduation at the end of the Summer 2016 or Fall Semester 2016 and you did not participate in the Commencement Ceremony in May 2016. Please look for a letter containing diploma and commencement information about a month before the end of the term you are graduating.
- Apply for Spring (May 2017) graduation and be approved by your dean’s office. If you have not already applied you can do so by completing this form. Applications are due two semesters in advance of your completion.
- Be approved to “participate” in Spring 2017 commencement before all degree requirements have been met. Applications to “participate” in Spring 2017 Commencement before meeting degree requirements are due to your dean’s office by March 1. Complete the application here.
- Find full policy information here.
- You must also have an approved graduation application completed for the term you plan to graduate.
If you are no longer using your Unit Box, please contact the ONU mailroom so that they can officially close the box. Please make sure that you have an accurate address on file so that you will receive information regarding your graduation and the Commencement ceremony. If you have any questions, please email or call Debbie Roehrle at 419-772-2029.
CAPS AND GOWNS
Caps and gowns can be ordered directly from the ONU Bookstore or via Herff Jones’ website. Cap and gown orders are being taken NOW by sending an email directly to Josh Szippl. Emails must include the graduates name, height, weight, degree and a phone number. Orders must be placed by March 22, and will be available for pick up the week of April 27, at the ONU Bookstore.
Herff Jones will be on campus on the following dates:
- Oct. 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (all graduation products – caps and gowns, and class rings)
- Feb. 16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (faculty sale day and all graduation products)
- March 8 and 9 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.