Choose Ohio First
Ohio Northern University and the Ohio Board of Regents have partnered to deliver a terrific opportunity for Ohio students who major in certain STEM Fields. Apply now for an opportunity to earn a scholarship of up to $7,300!
Funds are available for you if you're majoring in:
- Integrated Sciences (grades 7-12)
- Life Sciences (grades 7-12)
- Physical Sciences: physics and chemistry (grades 7-12)
- Physical Sciences: physics (grades 7-12)
- Physical Sciences: chemistry (grades 7-12)
- Technology Education (grades 4-12)
- Integrated Mathematics (grades 7-12)
- Engineering Education (with teacher licensure in integrated mathematics, grades 7-12)
- Middle Childhood Education: math and/or science concentrations (grades 4-9)
- Exercise Physiology
- Athletic Training
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Public Health
- Pre-Professional Programs
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Assistant
Only students who indicate an interest in following a program of study in the Center for Teacher Education with a major in math or science OR students planning to major in a health profession field may apply. Other requirements include:
- Applicants must be residents of the state of Ohio or a graduate of an Ohio high school.
- Potential recipients must have an overall cumulative high school grade point average of 3.3 or higher and an ACT composite score of 24 (1160 SAT) or higher. For transfer students, the previous college GPA must be 3.0 or higher.
Here's what you need to do to apply for a Choose Ohio First (COF) scholarship.
- To receive full consideration, freshmen, transfer students, adult learners and veterans must apply for admission to ONU and submit all the required supporting credentials by Feb. 1, 2019.
- Incoming students must complete the FAFSA financial aid form and request that the records be sent to ONU.
- To receive full consideration, COF applicants must complete the application and submit by Feb. 1, 2019. Applications received after the deadline will be considered as funds are available.
Application for Health Professions (Note: Pharmacy students are not required to submit an essay, because one was submitted with the admissions application.)
Requirements of COF Scholars
In order to continue to receive the COF scholarship throughout the next four years (pending state funding), recipients are required to:
- Maintain a college grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Complete the necessary field experiences and internships required within their major.
- Participate in Choose Ohio First Scholars programming on campus
- Participate in program surveys, interviews or other data-collection activities required by ONU and the Ohio Board of Regents
For scholarship information, contact Dr. Melanie Weaver, director of financial aid, at 419-772-2271.
For programmatic information: