The Polar Careers office is a centralized operation, coordinating placement activities for full-time positions, internships and co-ops. As an employer, you can participate and recruit ONU students and alumni in a number of ways.
Employers are encouraged to post and manage job openings directly through ONU's online database, Polar Careers powered by Symplicity. There is no charge to use Polar Careers powered by Symplicity. (Please refer to Employer Guidelines for job posting found under "In This Section.") If you have questions about using Polar Careers powered by Symplicity, contact Anne Niese at 419-772-2760.
Through Polar Careers powered by Symplicty, you can:
- Become part of our partnering employers,
- Post and manage your jobs,
- Register for our events, and
- View students' resumes in our Online Resume Books.
To access Polar Careers powered by Symplicity, click here. Then, you can then either:
- Click "Employer" and log in as a returning user with your email address and password or,
- Click "Register" as a new organization or,
- Click "Register And Post Job"
If your login credentials do not work, click "forgot password," enter your email address and a new password will be sent to you. Once logged in, you can change this password using the "My Accounts" tab. Follow the instructions provided after your first login to get started!
Career fairs are held in the King Horn Sports Center Field House at Ohio Northern University unless otherwise noted. These provide employers with a great opportunity to meet our students and faculty all in one convenient location.
Winter 2018 Career and Graduate/Professional School Fair
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH
Field House in King-Horn Athletic Center
Registration Deadline: Thursday, January 18, 2018, 3:00 p.m.
Featuring ONU students and alumni from the colleges of arts & sciences, business administration, engineering and law for internships/co-ops, full- and part-time positions, and admission to graduate or professional schools.
- Recruiter check-in: 8:00-9:15 a.m.
- Candidate check-in: 8:45-11 a.m.
- Open fair: 9:30-11:45 a.m.
- Lunch: 11:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (hot buffet and delicious desserts)
- Optional interviews: 12:30-4:30 p.m. (Candidates may be selected during the morning open fair and scheduled for 30-minute interviews during the afternoon.)
- Click here
- Click "Employers" and log in or, "Register" (for graduate schools, too)
- Click "Events"
- Click the "Career Fairs" tab
- Follow online registration prompts for Winter Career/Grad School Fair
If preferred, download the paper registration form found at the bottom of this webpage, complete it and fax it to 419-772-2007.
If you have questions about the registration process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419-772-3050.
Fee for Career and Graduate/Professional School Fair:
$100 includes up to two recruiters; $25 for each additional recruiter
Fee includes one covered 8-foot table, two chairs, hot buffet lunch and a.m./p.m. refreshments. No charge for additional table or chairs.
Employers can schedule personal recruiting dates on campus to meet with students to fulfill their hiring needs. Appointments with students will be arranged to meet recruiters' specific criteria and instruction. Private facilities are available for testing or informational meetings. To schedule an on-campus recruiting date, contact Anne Niese at email@example.com or call 419-772-2760. If you would like to stay overnight, check out The Inn at Ohio Northern University.
McIntosh: Room 220
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.