The Polar Careers office is a centralized operation, coordinating placement activities for full-time positions, internships and co-ops. As an employer, you can participate and recruit ONU students and alumni in a number of ways.
Employers are encouraged to post and manage job openings directly through ONU's online database, Polar Careers powered by Symplicity. There is no charge to use Polar Careers powered by Symplicity. (Please refer to Employer Guidelines for job posting found under "In This Section.") If you have questions about using Polar Careers powered by Symplicity, contact Anne Niese at 419-772-2760.
Through Polar Careers powered by Symplicty, you can:
- Become part of our partnering employers,
- Post and manage your jobs,
- Register for our events, and
- View students' resumes in our Online Resume Books.
To access Polar Careers powered by Symplicity, click here. Then, you can then either:
- Click "Employer" and log in as a returning user with your email address and password or,
- Click "Register" as a new organization or,
- Click "Register And Post Job"
If your login credentials do not work, click "forgot password," enter your email address and a new password will be sent to you. Once logged in, you can change this password using the "My Accounts" tab. Follow the instructions provided after your first login to get started!
Career fairs are held in the King Horn Sports Center Field House at Ohio Northern University unless otherwise noted. These provide employers with a great opportunity to meet our students and faculty all in one convenient location.
Education Expo 2018
Wednesday, April 11, 2018
University of Findlay, OH
Koehler Fitness & Recreation Center
Education Expo is a job fair sponsored by the Career Centers of seven private universities/colleges in northwest Ohio. Ed Expo provides an opportunity for teacher candidates to meet with recruiters from school districts around the country.
- 7:30 - 8:30 a.m.: Recruiter check-in/set-up
- 8:00 - 8:30 a.m.: Student registration and check-in
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m.: Open Fair - Teacher candidates visit school districts and schedule interviews
- 9:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.: Interviews (Candidates may be selected during the morning open fair and scheduled for 30-minute interviews during the afternoon.)
The registration fee is $125 for up to two recruiters from a school district and $25 for each additional recruiter. The fee includes a table and two chairs, a buffet lunch, morning and afternoon refreshments, free convenient parking, and carry-in help upon arrival.
- Click here for Employer Registration
- Payment Options:
- By Check: Please make the check payable to The University of Findlay. The mailing address is: The University of Findlay | Attn: Katrina Shull | 1000 N. Main St., Findlay OH 45840
- Credit Card: click here
All cancellations MUST be received via email to Katrina Shull at email@example.com. Cancellations received on or before March 22 will receive a full refund. All refunds will be sent after the job fair. Cancellations received after March 22, will not receive a refund.
Questions? Please contact Katrina Shull, 419-434-4665 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employers can schedule personal recruiting dates on campus to meet with students to fulfill their hiring needs. Appointments with students will be arranged to meet recruiters' specific criteria and instruction. Private facilities are available for testing or informational meetings. To schedule an on-campus recruiting date, contact Anne Niese at email@example.com or call 419-772-2760. If you would like to stay overnight, check out The Inn at Ohio Northern University.
McIntosh: Room 220
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.