STUDENTS FROM ANY DISCIPLINE ARE ENCOURAGED TO TAKE COURSES IN THE DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY STUDIES AS A COROLLARY TO THEIR MAJOR. THIS WILL GIVE YOU THE CHANCE TO EXPAND YOUR ABILITY TO USE TECHNOLOGY CUSTOM-MADE TO MEET YOUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS AND INTERESTS. ALL COURSES REQUIRED FOR A MINOR MUST BE COMPLETED WITH A GRADE OF “C” OR HIGHER.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
- Ohio Northern University is the only private university to have programs accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE).
- Students graduate with a high degree of technological literacy, as coursework and laboratory assignments emphasize research, design, experimenting and fabricating.
- The Robotics Center of Excellence, powered by KUKA Robotics GmbH, provides students with hands-on design and programming experience using KUKA robots, controllers and software. Opportunities abound for professional internships at manufacturing, construction and other industry-related companies. These experiences enable students to earn money while enhancing their résumés.
- A five-year school/work co-op program enables students to work off campus for at least three quarters of full-time employment arranged to fit personal and company needs.
- Award-winning student organizations and national championship robotics teams every year since 1993.