Student Research Help
how to start your research
The Starting Your Research guide will give you some guidance on how to start your research.
Need to find articles? Supposed to use the databases? Doing general research?
The List of Databases allows you to search for databases by name or browse by subject. (Use the dropdown at the top of the page to select your subject of study.)
- Off-Campus Access to Databases: When using library resources off campus, the system prompts for your username and University ID number.
- When prompted for your username, type your first name and the last name.
- Your University ID number is the 11-digit number that is printed on the front of your ID.
- For additional help, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interlibrary Loan: When ONU doesn't have access to what you need, use Interlibrary Loan to get a copy. For more information, visit the Interlibrary Loan page.
- RefWorks: RefWorks is a tool that allows you to organize your research and help create your bibliography.
I need to talk to a librarian
If you have a question, ask us!
- Librarians are available from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday and are always glad to answer your questions. Just ask for a librarian at the front desk or tell them you have a research question.
- If it is after hours or on the weekend, the staff at the front desk may be able to answer your question.
- If you would like to speak with a specific librarian in mind, you can ask for a librarian by name. If that librarian is available, they will be glad to help you.
- You can email email@example.com to ask your questions via email or to request an appointment. This email address is monitored by the librarians, and one of them will respond to you.
- You can also call the front desk with questions: 419-772-2181
- You can email an individual librarian. To find out who the librarian is for a department or major, take a look at the Personal Librarian page.
what does that word mean?
Library Terminology: We have compiled a list of "library words" that you may not be familiar with.
Heterick Memorial Library
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 7:30 a.m.-Midnight
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m.-Midnight
Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-Midnight
Friday: 7:30 a.m.-9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Sunday: 1 p.m.-Midnight