For more information:
Acquisitions and Gifts
Policy for acquisitions and gifts
Carrels - 2nd Floor
Three carrels on the second floor of the library are designated for faculty use. The carrels are assigned for one-year terms each year in early August through a random drawing from among the names of those who have expressed interest. Each carrel has a locking door, a desk, a chair, two outlets, and an Ethernet port. Faculty members receive keys to their carrels and are able to access them whenever the library is open. Faculty members may keep library materials in their carrels as long as the materials are checked out.
- Instructors may place library-owned and personal copies of materials on reserve, as well as material copied from books, periodicals, media, publisher reprints, etc.
- Material copied for reserve in Heterick Memorial Library will comply with the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code).
- Copying of OhioLink materials shall not be used as a substitution for the purchase of books, media, publisher's reprints or periodicals. Faculty members are strongly urged to submit purchase requests for these items.
- All requests for items to be placed on reserve must originate with the instructor of the course.
- Please note that books obtained through OhioLink can not be placed on course reserve.
Library Proxy Checkout
Proxy cards are available to ONU faculty and staff in order to allow up to three designated individuals to check out items for the faculty/staff member. The faculty/staff member is responsible for all materials checked out in their name. Lost or stolen proxy cards should be reported to the Circulation Desk as soon as possible.
Heterick Memorial Library
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810