Tips of the Iceberg: January & February 2019
Put Your Best Foot Forward This Year!
Get your textbooks for free this semester >
If you’re tired of spending hundreds of dollars on textbooks each semester, Heterick Memorial Library and OhioLINK can help.
Check out the ONU library catalog for a wide variety of books, journals, videos and other materials available to you for free!
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? The OhioLINK catalog allows you to access more than 50 million books and library materials from universities across Ohio. Books generally arrive in one to three weeks at no cost to you.
For more information about interlibrary loans, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stand out at career fair and gain skills for life >
- The 2019 Winter Career Fair will be held Thursday, Jan. 24, from 9:30-11:45 a.m. Make sure you leave a lasting impression by reviewing our career fair success strategies and utilizing some of these quick tips.
- Attend the Emerging Professional Series (EPS) workshops before the career fair. We recommend the Career Fair Success Strategies and Self-Intro presentations.
- Create your free, professional business cards through polar careers. Cards typically take between one and two business days to print.
- Send handwritten “thank you” letters to employers you connect with. ONU stationary can be found in the bookstore or in your academic department office.
Contact email@example.com to make an appointment with a professional career advisor to discuss your future.
Everything you need to know about housing registration >
- The spring semester is just getting started, but it’s already time to start thinking about housing for next fall. Here are a few things you need to know…
- Students who wish to move off campus must submit their request forms by Feb. 28, or receive a $50 fine! Check out the off-campus housing page for more details about the process.
- Students who wish to participate in the 2019-20 housing lottery should begin the registration process on March 1. Review the step-by-step tutorial on how to apply and visit our housing page for more information.
Contact Anissa Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns throughout the process.
Land the summer internship of your dreams >
Internships are a great way to build connections, learn new skills and gain real-world experience in your field. If you hope to land an awesome internship this summer, take advantage of the network and resources right here at ONU.
- Create a Polar Career Powered by Simplicity account and get noticed by more than 400,000 employers who are specifically looking for entry-level interns.
- Jobipedia is a free resource that can help you refine your résumé, search for internships, prepare for interviews and land the job.
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is up-to-date and ready for employers to view. Check out our LinkedIn for Students page to learn more about finding jobs and connecting with alumni on LinkedIn.
- Tap into our expansive ONU alumni network for advice and guidance throughout the process. Who knows? You might even land a position on their team!
Contact email@example.com to make an appointment with a professional career advisor to help you prepare for the internship search.
Keep track of your financial aid and student loans >
Understanding financial aid and federal student loans can be stressful. Thankfully, we have a few resources that can help you navigate this confusing process.
- Our student loan page outlines the different loan options available to you as an undergraduate student. You can also find links for completing the necessary documentation.
- Our tuition and fees page provides dollar amounts for everything from full-time tuition and housing to course fees and meal plans. Students can also use the net price calculator to estimate financial aid options.
The ONU Office of Financial Aid is always willing to help. If you have questions about FAFSA, your ebill, scholarships, grants, etc., contact financial aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peer to Peer Spotlight – Meet Haley Ward >
Destined for the stage and spotlight, international theatre production and musical theatre double major Haley Ward traveled across the country to pursue her dream at Ohio Northern University...
Read more about Haley's ONU journey.
Share your thoughts or questions about Tips of the Iceberg at email@example.com.