Off-Campus, Non-University Housing
Student Request for Off-Campus Housing
In accordance with the University Housing Policy (as stated in the Student Handbook, pages 36-37) at least one of the following criteria must be met in order for a review of student eligibility to move out of the residence halls for the next academic year. This review for off-campus housing takes place during the academic year prior to the requested year off, as all housing agreements are for a full academic year.
Any student who applies to live off campus, and believes they meet eligibility requirements, should not secure on-campus housing during the spring housing lottery, as they will be responsible for the housing agreement for the full academic year:
- Three years (six semesters) in the residence halls or apartments
- 23 years of age
- The student will be commuting daily from the permanent home address of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) within a 30-mile driving distance of ONU. Please note that the Office of Residence Life considers the permanent home address of the student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) to be the address of record on file with federal, state and local tax agencies and where a minimum of one of the student’s parent(s) or legal guardian(s) resides. This is the information that is on file through our Financial Aid and Admissions offices.
- Proof of an undergraduate degree
- Proof of having served in the armed forces and qualified for veterans' benefits
- Proof of marriage and proof that the student resides with a spouse within a 30-mile driving distance of ONU
If you do not qualify for any of the above criteria, you are not eligible to live off campus.
Please use your ONU username and password to log in to Self-Service Banner to complete and submit the Off-Campus Housing Form to the Office of Residence Life. If you have any questions, please email Anissa Jenkins at firstname.lastname@example.org. All Off-Campus Housing Forms are due to the Office of Residence Life by Feb. 28, 2020. Forms turned in after Feb. 28 will incur a $50 late fine charged to your student account.
In addition to completing the Off-Campus Housing Form, all students leaving ONU housing to live off campus must attend one Good Neighbor Meeting. The Good Neighbor Meetings are a collaborative effort by the village of Ada and ONU and include presentations by the chief of the Ada Police and the Ada mayor as well as presentations from Financial Aid, Student Conduct and Residence Life. The Good Neighbor Meetings are held in the McIntosh Ballroom and are scheduled for Tuesday, March 17, 2020, at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m., and Thursday, March 19, 2020 at noon. If you attended a Good Neighbor Meeting in a previous school year, you do not need to attend again.
New Commuting Students
All incoming freshmen and new transfer students who wish to commute must turn in a form by June 28. All forms received after this deadline will incur a $50 late-processing fee and could result in the student not being approved for off-campus commuting. Visit Self-Service Banner to complete the Off-Campus Housing Form.
You will be notified by email regarding your status. You can view your status by going to Self-Service Banner.
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810