EARLY/MIDDLE CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
The competent teacher candidate demonstrates the knowledge, skills and dispositions that:
1. Confirm a commitment to diversity.
2. Verify s/he is knowledgeable about the learner and the learning process.
3. Verify s/he knows his/her specific content area and the relevant pedagogical tools for teaching and assessing it.
4. Indicate s/he practices reflective thinking.
5. Enable him/her to act as a facilitator of learning.
6. Are indicative of a professional educator.