IT Support for Students
The Office of Information Technology offers a wide range of technology services and resources for Ohio Northern University students.
IT Help Desk Phone: 419-772-1111 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I...
Computer Repair and Support
If you need help with your personal computer, please contact the IT Help Desk at 419-772-1111 or email@example.com. Walk-ins are also welcome (located inside the Information Technology Building - SouthWest Entrance).
Some of the services we provide are:
- Basic troubleshooting
- Network troubleshooting
- Software installation
- Operating system installation
- Virus/malware removal
- Mobile device setup
- Data backups
- Data restoration
- Network your gaming device
- Password resets
Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. (phone support only)
ONU offers various free and paid software downloads to students.
- Microsoft Office 365 (free)
- Microsoft Office for Mac (free)
- Microsoft Windows 10 (free)
- Adobe Creative Cloud (paid subscription)
Recommended Mobile Apps:
The Office of Information Technology does not recommend a specific vendor for computer purchases. Both Microsoft Windows and Apple Macintosh systems are supported. However, the following minimum requirements should be met when purchasing a new computer. The College of Law and the College of Business Administration recommend a laptop.
Ohio Northern University students are eligible for special educational pricing from the following vendors:
- Processor: Core i5 (4th Gen) or greater
- Memory: 8 GB of RAM or greater
- Hard Drive: 256 GB or greater
- Microsoft: Windows 10
- Apple: macOS 10.14 Mojave
Software Provided by the University:
- Current Microsoft Windows Operating System (upgrade license)
- Microsoft Office (Windows and macOS) - Get Office 365
- Wired network ports are available in residential rooms (ethernet cable provided at the IT Help Desk).
- For devices without built-in Ethernet, consider an external Ethernet adapter.
- Wireless: 802.11g/n is available in academic and residential areas.
- Printers are accessible in academic labs. Consider purchasing a personal printer (wireless printing not supported).
- Android Tablet or iPad
- A USB flash/thumb drive (16 GB or greater)
- Wireless mouse for laptop
- Extra phone charger
- Verizon Wireless (4G on campus)
- ATT Wireless (3G on campus)
Please install the latest operating system updates and anti-virus definitions before you arrive on campus.
Please see the map below for campus computer lab locations and details.
ONU Cable TV System
All ONU residence halls are digital cable-ready. A digital/HDTV with a QAM tuner is required to receive digital channels. Most televisions purchased after 2008 will have this tuner. A QAM digital tuner allows your TV to receive high-definition digital TV programming without the need for a set-top box. Unfortunately, some low cost TVs come with NTSC and ATSC digital tuners, but not QAM digital tuners. NTSC and ATSC digital tuners are not compatible with the ONU cable TV system.
- Cable-ready television with a QAM tuner. In order to view the high-definition channels, you will need an HDTV. If your television does not have a QAM tuner, you must purchase a separate digital set-top converter. (Digital converters are available at many online retailers.)
- Coaxial TV cable
- Connect one end of the coaxial TV cable to the coax jack on the wall-plate and connect the other end to the IN or ANTENNA jack on your TV
- Set your tuner to CABLE
- Run your TV’s scan or auto-program feature to discover all available channels
Cable TV Issues:
Please call the IT Help Desk at 419-772-1111 for assistance.
IT Help Desk419-772-1111
Information Technology Building
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810