Student Employment Resources
The Office of Human Resources’ role in the student-employment process focuses on employment-paperwork compliance, supervisory training and employment training for the student worker. Our goal is to ensure that each student worker and University department follow employment regulations set by the Department of Homeland Security; the Department of Labor; and all federal, state and local tax authorities.
The Office of Human Resources will be the main contact for the following:
- Department supervisors and/or approvers
- Students (regarding employment paperwork)
In the pursuit of a seamless student-employment process, the Office of Human Resources will lead the following actions:
- Receive all web time-entry-form submissions from hiring departments
- Process the web time-entry requests once they have been cross-referenced with the student's work-study eligibility
- Communicate with the departmental supervisor and/or approver after processing web time-entry submissions to inform them of the student's eligibility to begin working
- Provide required training to all departmental supervisors and/or approvers who will be hiring, training and approving student-employee time sheets
- Contact and assist students with proper employment paperwork
Completing Electronic Time Sheets
Student employees submit electronic time sheets for hours worked. Time sheets are submitted through Self-Service Banner. For instructions on how to access Self-Service Banner and how to submit a time sheet, please click here.
Student Employee Manual
To view the Student Employee Manual, click here.
Click here to view the bi-weekly pay schedule.
Student Employment Supervisors
Student Employment Process
Click here to review the student-employment process PowerPoint.
Student Employment Moodle Page
Click here to be directed to the student-employment Moodle page, where you will find:
- Web time-entry form
- Termination form
- Student stipend payment form
Click here for instructions on how to navigate the student-employment Moodle page.
Required Supervisor Training
ONU's Student Employment Supervisor Training module is now available on SafeColleges. The Office of Human Resources will assign training as necessary.
Student Pay Band Structure
- S6 - $13.55 Grant/Research
- S5 - $12.55 Future Positions - TBD
- S4 - $11.55 Accounting/Technical
- S3 - $10.55 Phonathon Lead, Healthwise Pharmacy, Drug Information
- S2 - $9.55 Advancement/Phonathon, Bear Ambassador, PCA's, Public Safety, Law Teaching Assistant, P.Plant Lead
- S1 - $8.55 General Office Worker, P.Plant, Dining Services, Sports/King Horn, Lab
Lehr Memorial Building: Room 154
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810