Student Employment Resources
The Office of Human Resources’ role in student-employment is to manage all aspects of the student employment process including the jobs postings, application process, employment-paperwork compliance, supervisory training and employment training for the student worker. Our goal is to ensure that each student worker and University department follow employment regulations set by the Department of Homeland Security; the Department of Labor; and all federal, state and local tax authorities.
The Office of Human Resources will be the main contact for supervisors and/or approvers and students for all aspects of student employment. In the pursuit of a seamless student-employment process, the Office of Human Resources will manage the following actions:
- Student employment posting and application processes
- Contact and assist students with proper employment paperwork
- Communicate with the departmental supervisor and/or approver after processing the student hiring proposal to inform them of the student's eligibility to begin working
- Provide required training to all departmental supervisors and/or approvers who will be hiring, training and approving student-employee time sheets
How to Apply for Student Employment Jobs
Students can view and apply for on-campus student employment positions by visiting www.jobs.onu.edu and navigating to the Student Jobs tab.
Completing Electronic Time Sheets
Student employees submit electronic time sheets for hours worked. Time sheets are submitted through Self-Service Banner. For instructions on how to access Self-Service Banner and how to submit a time sheet, please click here.
Student Employee Manual
To view the Student Employee Manual, click here .
Click here to view the bi-weekly pay schedule.
Student Employment Supervisors
Student Employment Process
Click here to review the student-employment process PowerPoint.
Hiring Student Employees
All student employment postings must be posted to the ONU applicant tracking system, PeopleAdmin, please click here to be directed to PeopleAdmin.
For instructions on how to post a student employment position please reference the Student Job Posting Request User Guide below.
For instructions on how to hire a student employee please reference the Student Hiring Proposal User Guide below.
Terminating Student Employees
Please notify HR immediately when voluntary and/or involuntary terminations occur by emailing email@example.com with the student's name, ONU ID, position, and last work date.
Required Supervisor Training
ONU's Student Employment Supervisor Training module is now available on SafeColleges. The Office of Human Resources will assign training as necessary.
Student Pay Band Structure
- S6 - $13.55 Grant/Research
- S5 - $12.55 Future Positions - TBD
- S4 - $11.55 Accounting/Technical
- S3 - $10.55 Phonathon Lead, Healthwise Pharmacy, Drug Information
- S2 - $9.55 Advancement/Phonathon, Bear Ambassador, PCA's, Public Safety, Law Teaching Assistant, P.Plant Lead, International Student Greeter and Assistant
- S1 - $8.55 General Office Worker, P.Plant, Dining Services, Sports/King Horn, Lab
Note: The Office of Human Resources understands that children of ONU employees may hold a student employment position on campus. While we allow the hiring of an employee’s dependent, you cannot be an approver or proxy for your own dependent.
Lehr Memorial Building: Room 154
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810