Skip To Main Content

How to at ONU

Skip to questions about: Information Technology, Controller's Office, Public Safety, Purchasing, Printing Services, Other


  • How can I find out what events are happening on campus?
    • The campus events calendar can be located here.
  • How do I get involved with service and civic engagement?
    • Opportunities to be involved with service and civic engagement can be located here.
  • Is there a printable version of the campus map available?
    • A printable version of the campus map can be found here.

Human Resources

  • What discounts are available to me as an ONU employee?
    • Employee discounts can be found on the Human Resources Benefits webpage under Other Benefits.
  • Where can I find the Holiday Calendar?
    • The holiday schedule can be found on the Human Resources Benefits webpage under Other Benefits.
  • How do I change my address?
    • You can change your address by filling out a Personnel Change Form, which can be found on the Human Resources Employee Forms webpage.
  • I have had a change in marital status. Who do I notify?
    • Please fill out a Personnel Change Form, which can be found on the Human Resources Employee Forms webpage.
  • How do I update my emergency contact information?
    • This can be done through Self-Service Banner. Please see Updating Emergency Contact Information under Personnel Forms, which can be found on the Human Resources Employee Forms webpage.
  • What is my pay schedule?
  • How do I change my direct deposit information?
    • A Direct Deposit Enrollment Authorization form can be found on the Human Resources Employee Forms webpage under Payroll Forms.
  • Where can I find the employee handbooks?
  • How do I get an employment verification?
    • All employment verifications are done through VaultVerify (Company Code 70900). If you are asked to provide an employment verification, please forward the inquiry to the Office of Human Resources.
  • How do I change my tax exemptions?
    • The W-4 Federal Tax Form and IT-S State Tax Form can be found on the Human Resources Employee Forms webpage under Payroll Forms.
  • Where can I find more information about tuition remission and tuition exchange?
  • How often do I have to take the Title VII and Title IX training?
    • Federal law mandates that we train all employees on Title VII and Title IX on a regular basis. This training will be offered on a rolling basis. For complete Title IX info click here.

Information Technology

  • How do I send an email to different groups on campus or to all of campus?
    • A list of the email groups can be found here.
  • How can I see what email groups I am a part of?
    • You can find what email groups you are listed in here.
  • How do I borrow equipment from IT?
  • How do I get tech assistance?
    • For assistance with any computer problems, visit the IT Help Desk webpage.
  • How do I change my account password?
    • If you need to change your password, you can do so at this website.
  • How do I request a new computer?
    • If you would like to request a new computer, fill out the Computer Requisition form here.
  • How do I print, copy and scan from the Konica printer?
    • Instructions on how to use a Konica printer can be found here.
  • How do I release my print jobs from my computer?
    • An instruction sheet for printing from your computer can be found here.
  • What software is available to me?
    • A list of software available from ONU IT can be found here.
  • How do I connect to the ONU network from off-campus?
    • Instructions on how to connect to the network using the VPN can be found here.
  • How do I set up my voicemail?
    • An instruction sheet on how to set up your voicemail can be found here.

Controller's Office

  • How do I transfer money from one account to another?
    • The controller's office can assist you with transferring money from one account to another. A blank Budget Transfer/Journal Entry form can be found here.
  • Where do I find a Payment Request form?
  • How do I obtain budget and financial information?

Public Safety

  • I've lost my ID. How do I get a new one?
  • What do I need to do before I can drive an ONU vehicle?
    • Please review the Travel Policies webpage for any ONU vehicle information.
  • What do I do if I am injured?
    • If you are injured on campus, please call or visit the Public Safety Office as soon as physically possible. If you are unable to make it within 24 hours, please call immediately. 
      • Phone: 419-772-2222
      • Address: 211 S. Union St.
  • Does campus ever shut down because of weather conditions?
    • Yes. Campus administration makes these decisions based on weather conditions and communicates closings to the campus community.
    • For campus communication alerts, visit the Nixle Alert page to sign up.
  • How do I sign up for Campus Safety Alerts?
  • Where do I get a parking permit?
    • To get a perking permit, please visit the Parking and Permits section on the Public Safety webpage.
  • I have a new vehicle, do I need a new parking permit?
    • No. A parking permit is assigned to a person, not a vehicle.


  • What supplies can be ordered through Purchasing?
    • Name tags and nameplates: Form available online.
    • Purchase requests: Form available online; must be filled out and submitted via campus mail or email.
    • Office supply vendor: Office Depot (Pricing is negotiated for ONU)
    • Stockroom items: Copy paper, toner and waste-toner boxes, batteries, and kleenex.
      • To order from the stockroom, send an email to and include an account number to charge.
  • Can I purchase office supplies with my ONU credit card at a different store location?
    • ONU's preferred office supply vendor is Office Depot. Your department Office Depot login will allow you to make tax-exempt purchases under the University's negotiated contract. All purchases include delivery and do not require a credit card. If you cannot find a particular item, please contact purchasing, or you can purchase from another source using your University credit card. Please remember that some items are restricted, such as paper, toner, and IT products and accessories. These items must be requested through Purchasing.
  • Who would I contact in order to shred large amounts of secure documents?
    • Marimor Industries offers secure shredding at $0.14 per pound. Purchasing can facilitate the pickup/drop-off on an as-needed basis, or Marimor can pick up for $40 per trip. If departments are concerned about storage of confidential documents, Marimor offers secure portable containers at no additional cost. Please contact Purchasing for additional details.  

Printing Services

  • What products does Printing Services offer?
    • A list of the products that Printing Services offers can be found here.
  • Can I order paper through Printing Services?
    • Card stock and other specialty papers can be ordered via Printing Services.
    • Regular copier paper is ordered through Purchasing. To order copy paper, email with the quantity you desire and the index and account number the paper should be charged to.


Fringe Benefits

  • When are the workout facilities available to me?
    • The facilities schedule can be found here.
  • Does the University make child care available?
    • If you are looking for child care, the Child Development Center is located on campus. Please contact them for class openings.
  • How do I order tickets for Freed Center theatrical and musical performances and receive my employee discount?

The Inn

  • How do I make a room reservation at The Inn?
    • To make a reservation at The Inn, click here.
  • How do I schedule an event at The Inn?
    • To schedule an event, please fill out the proposal here.
  • What dining options are available at The Inn?
    • The Pub at The Inn is the dining option available at The Inn. To view the menu and upcoming events, click here.


  • How do I schedule catering for an event?
    • Catering services can be contacted by clicking here.
  • What are my dining choices on campus?
    • A list of dining options on and around campus can be located here.


  • What is the FERPA policy at ONU?
    • The link to the ONU FERPA policy can be found here.


  • Is ONU tobacco-free? 
    • Yes.
    • What does "tobacco-free" mean?
      • An explanation of "tobacco-free" can be found here.
  • Does ONU have a wellness program?
    • ​​​​​​​Yes. Information about the program can be found on the Wellness section of the ONU HealthWise webpage.

Physical Plant


  • Can I recycle in my office and/or department?
    • ​​​​​​​Yes. To receive a small (desk-size) recycling container, email
  • Where do I place my recyclables when my container is full?
    • ​​​​​​​If the liner is not soiled, place the contents in the large recycling container within your department. If your liner is soiled, place the liner and contents in the large department container.
  • How do I get additional liners or request collection when the large container is full?
    • ​​​​​​​Click here to request liners or if the large department container is full. 

If you have a question that is not answered here, please send an email to with your suggestion.

Office of Human Resources
Lehr Memorial Building: Room 154
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
8 a.m.-5 p.m.