International Theatre Production
The Bachelor of Fine Arts in international theatre production focuses on the areas of theatrical design and production and stage management, including the many variations of theatrical practice that occur in different areas of the world. By exploring the cultural and practical differences in theatre production, you will gain a better understanding of not only theatre here in the United States, but also overseas and in the areas of opera and touring production.
- You’ll have the opportunity to stage dozens of high-quality productions every year on campus and in the community.
- You’ll attend national conferences for the United States Institute of Theatre Technology, where you’ll network with professionals.
- An international internship or study abroad is a requirement of the major; professors will help you find the right opportunity to grow your knowledge.
- You will meet and learn from a large number of nationally and internationally renowned professionals who will visit campus to teach workshops and master classes, including ZFX (flying workshop), Chicago Fly House (fall arrest and aerial lift training), Great Lake Sound (digital soundboards) and Sapsis Rigging (rigging).
- You can double major in another field, such as French, Spanish, musical theatre, history, music composition, creative writing or computer science.
- You can forge a career immediately after graduation or attend graduate school. Our alumni have continued their studies at Yale University, the University of Delaware Professional Theatre Training Program, Carnegie Mellon, Emerson College and the University of South Carolina.
Freed Center for the Performing Arts 125
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810