Byron L. Hawbecker Travel Award for Study Abroad
Dedicated to reducing the cost of study abroad for Arts and Sciences students, the Byron L. Hawbecker Travel Award funds ONU students with a major or minor in the Getty College of Arts and Sciences who are pursuing study abroad.
The Arts and Sciences Study Abroad Committee distributes the Hawbecker Awards according to its own discretion, considering study abroad expenses and financial need as primary criteria. Awards will be commensurate with available funds.
Eligible candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Be pursuing a major or minor in the Getty College of Arts and Sciences
- Be approved for study abroad
- Have completed and submitted all application materials
Online Application Deadlines
Please complete the form below and submit it by the appropriate deadline:
- November 1 for study abroad during the spring semester
- April 1 for study abroad during the summer
- April 1 for study abroad during the fall semester
- April 1 for study abroad during the academic year
Contact the ONU Study Abroad Office for answers.