Intensive English Program
The Intensive English Program (IEP) is for students who want to improve their English skills in preparation for U.S. academic study. The IEP provides 5 levels of instruction that give students the ability to be successful in university classrooms.
- Seven-week terms allow students to move ahead as language skills improve
- Small classes allow personalized instruction
- Tutoring is available
- Daily interaction with Americans
How does the IEP work?
- Upon arrival at ONU, students take a placement test and are registered in courses at the appropriate level
- Students advance through the levels by earning a GPA of at least 2.2
- During levels 4 and 5, students may apply to an ONU degree program
- At the completion of level 5, students who have been admitted to an ONU degree program begin academic coursework and enter ISTP
For official start dates, see the calendar.
Dukes Memorial 228
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-12 p.m.