Skip To Main Content

Summer School for International Students

If you study in the U.S. under an F-1 visa and attend another college or university but would like to take classes at Ohio Northern that will transfer back to your home institution, ONU welcomes you to apply as an international non-degree visiting student. The non-degree visiting application is appropriate since you will only attend ONU for a short time, the summer semester. Questions regarding summer school and/or visas should be directed to Jennifer Briggs in the Office of International Admissions at

Course Offerings and Academic Calendar

A list of the summer 2019 courses is available at Ohio Northern Summer 2019 Course Offerings (Updated April 24, 2019).   

You can follow the hyperlinks of each course number to read more about that course.

The summer school calendar and the final exam schedule are also available to help you plan.


Summer transient student tuition is $890 per credit hour. Some laboratory courses may require additional course fees to cover materials.

Summer School Registration Steps for International Visiting/Transient Students

Step 1: Apply to ONU

Submit a free application online. Make sure to indicate that you are applying as an international non-degree-seeking student.

Step 2: Register for Classes

After you are accepted to attend ONU, the Office of Admissions will send you, via U.S. mail, a letter of acceptance with your ONU email account username and password. Also, once you are admitted, international students should submit their course requests to Melissa Verb, assistant dean of the College of Arts & Sciences, at A confirmation of your course registration will be sent to your ONU email address.  

Step 3:  Sign up for Housing

Visit our summer housing page within the residence life website.

Step 4: Pay Tuition and Fees

Your registration is not complete until you pay your tuition and fees. There is a payment deadline for each term. Pay your bill or make other arrangements with the bursar’s office before the payment deadline. Government-sponsored students should submit a copy of their cross-enrollment scholarship letter.

Step 5: Get your ONU ID card

You will need your ONU ID card to conduct business on campus. You can get your picture taken and have your card printed at the Department of Public Safety after you have registered for courses and arrive on ONU's campus.

Step 6: In August, send your transcript to your home school

At the end of the semester, please request to have your grades sent to your home college or university. Transcripts can be requested at the National Student Clearinghouse. You will need your ONU ID number when placing the order.