"I have watched ONU grow over the years in numbers of students, improved facilities and academic options for students. Many loyal alumni contributed in many ways to make these growths possible. It is now my time to make a more significant contribution by establishing a scholarship through my will that not only benefits ONU students, but also honors my parents who have also done so much for me."
-Ron Woofter, BA '61 established the Stanley L. and Grace Crow Woofter Endowment Scholarship Fund in loving memory of his parents.
Benefits of Givers and Receivers
One of the most effective means of giving to Ohio Northern University is a planned gift. Gift planning is the process of carefully selecting the best methods and assets for making a gift, such as cash, stocks, bonds, real estate, life insurance, trusts and bequests.
A planned gift can enable you to assist ONU in its long-term mission of education, research and service while also reducing your burden of income, capital gains or estate taxes.
Planned Giving enables you to:
- Supplement your personal income with annual lifetime payments with a charitable gift annuity
- Know the exact income from your Investment with a charitable remainder annuity trust
- Secure a hedge against inflation over time with a charitable remainder unitrust
- Reduce gift and estate taxes on assets you’ll pass on to your heirs with a charitable lead trust
- Make a quick and easy gift of property with a gift of securities
- Make a gift of stocks
Click on the following links to learn how you can match your financial goals while also making an investment in the University: bequests, cash gifts, real estate gifts, retirement plan gifts or testamentary charitable remainder trusts.
Planned Giving Brochures
Planned Giving Newsletters
Lehr Memorial Room: 302
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.