Room Essentials / Dorm-In-A-Box
Living on campus will be a major part of your transition to college and Residence Life is here to make your move as smooth as possible! See below for information that will be helpful to you as you prepare to come to (or come back to) Northern this fall.
What to Bring
Residence Hall Essentials
- A fish or plant
- Approved poster tape (3M works well!)
- Bed linens (twin extra long)
- Laundry supplies (detergent for High Efficiency washers is best)
- Personal items
- Photos of friends and family
- Quarters for vending machines (but not for laundry)
- Seasonal clothing (you can switch out the rest when you go home over break)
- Shower sandals
- Cleaning Supplies
- If you are in a pod room, you will need toilet paper, and bathroom cleaning supplies.
- Cooking tools
- Shower curtain (optional)
- Bathroom supplies (toiletries, toilet paper, towels, etc)
- Floor lamp(s) (NOT halogen)
What to Leave at Home
- Electric Blankets
- Extension cords (only bring UL approved surge protected cords)
- Firecrackers (basically, if “fire” is in the name, you probably shouldn’t bring it)
- Halogen Lamps
- Lofts (Most beds are loftable. If your bed needs a kit to loft, you may ask your ResLife staff for a kit when you check in.)
- Non-approved poster tape
- Non-approved roommates (including, but not limited to: pets other than fish, and people other than your ONU roommate)
Get it all right here!
Are you unsure of what to purchase for your apartment next year? Do you want high quality items for a great price? Did you know that you can have room essentials delivered right to your room for the 2012-2013 academic year? We are pleased to inform you that The Office of Residence Life at Ohio Northern University has partnered with Dorm-In-A-Box to provide you comprehensive room essentials for your residential experience at a significantly reduced price! Order now and the goods will be delivered DIRECTLY to your room before move-in! www.dorminabox.com/ohionorthernuniversity and make your selection(s) today!