Living on campus will be a major part of your transition to college, and Residence Life is here to make your move as smooth as possible. See below for information that will be helpful to you as you prepare to come to (or come back to) Northern this fall.
What to Bring
Residence Hall Rooms
- A fish or plant
- Approved poster tape to hang decorations. You are not permitted to use screws, nails, or other hardware to attach items to walls.
- Bed linens for an twin extra long 39" X 80" mattress
- Laundry supplies, detergent for High Efficiency washers, laundry basket, dryer sheets, etc.
- Personal items & school supplies
- Photos of friends and family
- Quarters for vending machines (but not for laundry)
- Seasonal clothing (you can switch out the rest when you go home over break)
- Shower caddy
- Shower sandals
- Trash can
- Cleaning supplies
- If you are in a pod room, you will need toilet paper and bathroom cleaning supplies.
- Cooking utensils
- Shower curtain (Stadiumview Apartments have glass doors)
- Bathroom supplies (toiletries, toilet paper, towels, etc.)
- Floor lamp(s) (NOT halogen)
What to Leave at Home
- Electric blankets
- Extension cords (only bring UL approved surge protected cords)
- Halogen lamps
- Lofts (Most beds are loftable. If your bed needs a kit to loft, you may ask your ResLife staff for a kit when you check in.)
- Non-approved poster tape (please do not use duct tape to hang posters)
- Non-approved roommates (including, but not limited to: pets other than fish, and people other than your ONU roommate)
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810