You are here
Greetings! How wonderful and pleasant it is when we live together in unity!
From the Office of Multicultural Development and International Services, it is with the greatest pleasure that we extend to you our most genuine and wholehearted welcome.
In the Office of Multicultural Development, we would like to introduce you to the 5-E Principle. We invite you to:
- Engage in educational opportunities on the topics of diversity in all its forms and equity;
- Explore our many relevant programming opportunities and events throughout the year;
- Experience multiculturalism in action through active participation on and off campus;
- Enjoy the chance to make new connections both professionally and personally; in order to
- Enrich your life through exposure, edification, and application.
The Office of Multicultural Development and International Services sponsor a number of programs and services that are designed to cultivate retention, scholarship, intellectual and social engagement, and cultural awareness. Programming highlights include but are not limited to:
- Opening the Way Multicultural Reception
- Dimension Award Scholars Program
- Monthly Cultural Conversation Hour
- International New Student Orientation
- Polar Pals Mentoring Program
- Multicultural Holiday Celebration
- Transitions: Rites of Passage Ceremony
We encourage the entire Ohio Northern community as well as the surrounding community to actively engage in our endeavors as we strive to achieve our mission of building a campus community of inclusiveness in order to prepare others for success within a diverse society.
Thank you for your support,
LaShonda E. Gurley, M.S. Ed.