Programming promotes community in the halls! Our purpose is three-fold:
- Programming allows for vital interactions between staff and their residents.
- Programming serves as a fundamental component of community-building within a hall or wing.
- Dividing programs into distinct categories ensures that residents are offered the chance to grow and develop while living in a vibrant community.
In order to promote balanced educational programming within each residential area, the Office of Residence Life has adopted a programming classification system known as the “A.C.H.I.E.V.E.M.E.N.T.” model. This model divides programming into several categories; each of these categories can entail a wide range of types and styles of programming. "A.C.H.I.E.V.E.M.E.N.T." stands for:
- Academic success
- Cultural Awareness, Diversity Appreciation, & Inclusion
- Health and Wellness
- Identity Development
- Educational Endeavors
- Values and Spirituality
- Engagement in Service & Civic Action
- Music, Fine Arts & Performing Arts Appreciation
- Entrepreneurship & Career Development
- N’tertainment & Social Developmen
- Traditions & Targeted Needs
Your residence life staff members work hard to provide at least two activities per floor per month. These programs follow the above "A.C.H.I.E.V.E.M.E.N.T." model and will provide fun interactive things to do with fellow students on your floor. Additionally, each hall hosts at least one all-campus event each year. This year's all-hall events include:
- Founders Hall Mud Volleyball Tournament- August 24-25, 2018
- Maglott Hall Dolly Dash - September 8, 2018
- ResLife Trick or Treat - October 23, 2018
- Affinity Homecoming Dance - October 26, 2018
- Stambaugh Hall Lip Sync Battle - November 30, 2018
- Park Hall Hoops - January 25, 2019
- Lima Casino Night - February 8, 2019
- Apartment Sand Volleyball Tournament - April 26, 2019
For a full list of ONU events visit the Official University Calendar you can view Residence Life's events including hall opening and closing dates here
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.