You are here
To advertise all Student Employment opportunities, please log into Polar Careers (powered by Symplicity) by clicking on the icon in the right tool bar of this webpage. Your User Name is your full ONU email address.
If you forgot your password, click "Forgot Password" and one will be auto-emailed to you immediately.
If you have never registered as a Hiring Manager before, click on "Register and Post a New Job" then, follow the prompts.
If you have any difficulties, please contact the Office of Polar Careers.
Instructions for Students:
To apply for student employment, students must complete a Student Employment Application, have it approved (notification will be sent in 1-2 work days) then log in and APPLY for jobs of interest. Students will NOT be considered for student employment until this process is completed.
1. Complete the Student Employment Application
- Go to www.onu.edu/careers and click on the Polar Careers icon on the lower right side of the webpage.
- Log in as a "Student" using your ONU email address (include "@onu.edu") and User password.
- If you are having trouble logging in, click "forgot password" and enter your email. A new password will be sent to you. This password can be changed once logged it to Polar Careers powered by Symplicity under the "My Account" tab
- If you have not logged in previously, reply to the Consent to Release Personal Information
- Next, follow the steps below to save and complete the required Student Employment Application.
- Go to the "Resources | Document Library" tab.
- Click on the tag, "Student Employment Application" and "Apply Search".
- Click on the document to open it and save it to your desktop.
- Complete the document and re-save it to your desktop.
2. Upload your completed Student Employment Application.
- Go to the "Documents" tab.
- Cick on "Add New" to upload your application.
- Give your application a name ("Label").
- IMPORTANT! Set "Document Type" as "Student Employment Application."
- You will receive an email notification when your application has been approved. Then, you can log into Polar Careers again and start applying for jobs.
3. Look for on-campus jobs.
Once you upload your Student Employment Application and it is approved, you can proactively search and APPLY for student employment jobs by searching job postings in Polar Careers.
- Go to the "jobs" tab and select "Jobs posted on ONU's site (including campus jobs)".
- Set the "Position Typed" drop-down menu to "Student Employment" and search!
- When you find a position you like, click the "APPLY" button: this wil send your application to the hiring manager.
- Be sure to note any special instructions about applying for each job.
4. Set up a Search Agent.
- Make job searching easy! While logged into Polar Careers, create an advanced search and set a Search Agent to report to you any newly posted jobs through your ONU email. (Search Agent emails come from email@example.com).
5. Complete federally-required documents with the Office of Human Resources PRIOR to starting work.
- NOTE! All students must complete federally-required documents and submit them to the Office of Human Resources prior to your first day of work at the university.
- Once the supervisor notifies the Office of Human Resources (HR) of his/her intent to hire you, HR will send a confirmation email to you and your supervisor that includes information about the required employment documents.
- If you are NOT notified by the Office of Human Resources BEFORE your first day of work, notify your supervisor.
- The required forms are available in the Office of Human Resources, located on the first floor of Lehr Memorial building.