Student & Alumni Services
TO OUR ALUMNI: THE OFFICE OF CAREER SERVICES AT OHIO NORTHERN UNIVERSITY – AND YOU
The Office of Career Services is still committed to helping you find a career that is right for you. As an Ohio Northern alumni, you receive the same career advisory services that students receive – and at no charge. And, as an alumni, you are in a position to help current ONU students through the Office of Career Services.
How ONU's Office of Career Services Can Help You
Career advisory services are provided by professional career advisors and are individualized to fit your specific needs. We will assist you with your resume and application documents and career or graduate school search strategy.
- Use Polar Careers powered by Symplicity to post your resume and search for jobs. Be sure to check out Career Shift, a meta search engine that allows you to create your own career search campaign, which is now included in this site.
- Meet with recruiters at our on-campus career fairs for full-time positions or graduate school admission. Please register on Polar Careers powered by Symplicity.
- Attend our Emerging Professional Series, presentations designed to meet the career search needs of our students and alumni.Check Career Services Web site for presentation schedule.
How You Can Help ONU's Students and Office of Career Services
- Encourage your organization to attend ONU career fairs and conduct on-campus recruiting.
- Notify us about open positions within your organization.
- Network with us so you can refer ONU students for positions within your organization (You may be able to receive referral fees from your employer.)
- Be a presenter for one of our Emerging Professional Series topics (let us know if you have a particular topic you’d like to present).
- Mentor current students.
- Participate in mock interviews with students.
Mark Your Calendars!
Make plans to attend our on-campus career fairs – as a job seeker or a recruiter:
- Fall Career/Graduate School Fair, September 18, 2012: for recruitment of Arts &Sciences, Business Administration, and Engineering majors for full-time employment, internships or admission to graduate/professional schools. Register on Polar Careers powered by Symplicity.
- Pharmacy Jobs Fair for Pharmacy majors, November 2, 2012: for full-time/internship or residency recruitment.
- Winter Career/Graduate School Fair, January 29, 2013: for recruitment of Arts & Sciences, Business Administration, and Engineering majors for full-time employment, internships or admission to graduate/professional schools. Register on Polar Careers powered by Symplicity.
- Education Expo, April 10, 2013: School districts from across the state and country meet with teacher candidates from seven of Ohio’s private colleges and universities to discuss teaching opportunities.
Provided by professional career advisors, ONU's career advisory services are individualized for the specific needs of each student or alumni. They are designed to help students and alumni develop lifelong career-management skills and make appropriate choices regarding job placement and graduate school. The following topics are discussed to enhance the ability to accomplish those goals:
- Career focus of student and alumni
- Utilization of campus resources
- Utilizing technology and Web career channels
- The importance of networking (Online and face-to-face social networking)
- Leveraging employer leads (pre-and post-interview)
- Emerging Professional Series - Presentations to educate and assist job seekers in utilizing the best practices in career search and development
- Navigating demographic and economic conditions when making career choices
- Exploring experiential learning and/or internship opportunities
- Preparation for graduate or professional schools
- Document critiquing (Resumes, curriculum vitaes, cover letters, portfolios)
Make an appointment to meet with a professional career advisor in the Office of Career Services by calling 419-772-2145.