We are very excited that you are interested in the opportunity to become a Resident Assistant. Resident Assistants are looked to as leaders on campus. RAs serve as a resource to their residents, are knowledgeable about campus activities, and encourage students to get to know each other.
Staff expectations include:
- Actively supporting and upholding the missions of Ohio Northern University and the Office of Residence Life.
- Assist in holding self and peers accountable in maintaining performance standards.
- Uphold the Student Code of Conduct. This expectation is self-evident, but it is important to your credibility in this position. Setting a double standard is unacceptable.
Benefits of being on staff:
- The chance to make an impact on campus as you work with your peers and professionals
- Gaining professional experience in the areas of leadership, organizational, communication, event planning, and conflict-resolution skills.
- Personal growth as you balance responsibilities between your academic, personal, and professional life
- RAs are compensated equal to their housing fee
- Residence Life promotes from within, staff can work towards the chance for promotion to a level of higher responsibility and compensation
Please submit the application between November 27, 2017 and January 17, 2018 to be considered for a position. Complete the RA Application here. If you would like further information, you may contact Residence Life.
Application due - Wednesday, Jan. 17th, by 11:59 p.m.
References due - Friday, Jan. 19, 2018
RA Interview Day - Sunday, Jan. 28 at 2 p.m.
Applicants should make every attempt to attend interview day. The Resident Assistant position is a very time intensive position that requires a year commitment as well as considerable time spent on campus each year. Typically students that are unavailable for the interview day may not have enough time to commit to this position. We do accommodate all co-curricular activities such as athletics, musical performance, and academic internships.
More Information About RA Positions
Attached below is the RA Employment Agreement. This should help to give you an idea of what the benefits of the position are, along with the expectations. If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to ask a Residence Life staff member or send an email. You also will have an opportunity to have your questions answered on RA Interview Day.
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.