Dr. Natalie DiPietro Mager
Prior to coming to Ohio Northern University, Dr. DiPietro Mager was employed by Eli Lilly and Company for 6 years. In addition to the Visiting Scientist Fellowship Program, Dr. DiPietro Mager worked in the areas of clinical drug development and drug safety (pharmacovigilance/pharmacoepidemiology). She has taught as an adjunct assistant professor at Indiana University and Butler University in Indianapolis. Dr. DiPietro Mager is a registered pharmacist in the state of Ohio and is active in several professional and volunteer organizations, holding leadership roles in the Ohio Public Health Association and the American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Public Health Special Interest Group.
Major Curricular Areas:
Profession of Pharmacy sequence
Professional Pharmacy Skills sequence
Pharmacy Administration module
Capstone in Pharmacy Practice module
- Pharmacy administration
- Public health
- Preventive medicine
- Women’s health
- Pharmacy professionalism
- Innovations in Teaching Award, American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy, 2013
- Ohio Young Public Health Professional of the Year, 2011
- American Pharmacists Association Academy of Pharmacy Practice and Management Presentation Merit Award, 2011
- Outstanding Faculty Member of the Year, 2007-2008
- Public health
- Maternal and child health
- Women's health
Boykin CM*, DiPietro Mager NA. Ohio pharmacy students’ knowledge of folic acid and neural tubedefects. Currents in Pharmacy Teaching and Learning. 2015; 7(2):273-276.
Bykovsky M*, Meier MFK*, DiPietro Mager NA. Impact of an online educational program on pharmacy students' knowledge of folic acid and neural tube defects. Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2014; 27(5):513-517.
DiPietro NA. Reducing Ohio’s infant mortality rate: Pharmacists call to action. Ohio Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting, Columbus, OH, April 2015.
DiPietro NA. Partnering with pharmacists to provide preconception care. Ohio Infant Mortality Summit, Columbus, OH, December 2014.
Arya V, DiPietro NA, Hogue GL. Public health, meet pharmacy: Educational activities highlighting opportunities for interprofessional collaboration for students. American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy Annual Meeting, Grapevine, TX, July 2014.
DiPietro NA. Improving maternal and infant outcomes in Ohio through preconception care. Ohio Public Health Combined Conference, Columbus, OH, May 2014.
Selected professional affiliations:
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy
- Chair, Public Health Special Interest Group, 2014-2015
- American Pharmacists Association
- American Public Health Association
- Ohio Pharmacists Association
- Ohio Public Health Association
- Co-founder, Clinical Health Section, 2013
- Vice-chair, Clinical Health Section, 2013-present