About the College of Pharmacy
Facts at a Glance:
- On-time graduation rate: link
- NAPLEX pass rate for 2015-2017 graduates link
- MPJE pass rate for 2015-2017 graduates link
- Residencies (% of graduates entering PGY1 residency) link
- Accreditation by ACPE (next full visit: 2023-24)
Student Learning & Study Areas:
- Giant Eagle Student Lounge
- Grunder Collaborative Learning Lab
- Turner Student Organization Room
- Pharmacy Skills Center and Simulation Lab
- Seven Research Labs
Founded in 1884, the Ohio Northern University's College of Pharmacy has had the privilege to graduate over 9,000 pharmacists during its more than 130-year history. The Raabe College of Pharmacy is distinctive among other colleges of pharmacy as it integrates a comprehensive foundation in the pharmaceutical sciences and the practice of pharmacy along with a strong liberal arts curriculum.
The college is committed to ensuring that all students receive the finest education possible. Our faculty members are dedicated scholars with a desire to assist student learning.
Our outstanding clinical facilities and preceptor networks illustrate the application of knowledge that bring classroom knowledge to life. The Doctor of Pharmacy program is designed to provide the student with the preparation and background for a successful career in a vital health profession all within 6 years of graduating from high school.”
We prepare pharmacists who improve health, serve others, lead change and advance the profession.
To lead the nation in the preparation of practice-ready pharmacists who serve as primary care providers and team leaders.
The Pharmacy curriculum integrates a sound liberal arts foundation with science and professional coursework and experiences leading to the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD), which launches graduates into a diverse and rewarding career. High school graduates are admitted directly into the college’s six-year program (0-6) and continue without additional application or PCAT testing.
The college provides a fun and challenging learning environment where students can explore a variety of career options, participate in direct patient care, and become leaders in the profession and their communities. Pharmacy-practice experiences in many different settings await students, including community pharmacy, institutional (hospital) pharmacy and direct patient interactions in a variety of locations. Small class sizes and a mission-driven focus on education allow students to have direct access to faculty and staff as they develop strong, mentoring relationships. Our scenic, safe and modern campus rests on nearly 342 acres in the village of Ada, Ohio. Our location provides a quaint small-town atmosphere that complements the friendly environment found on campus and in the college.
During the final year of the program, students practice the profession in a series of nine month-long advanced pharmacy experiences (APPEs). After successfully completing APPEs and earning their PharmDs, students take the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy Licensure Examination (NABPLEX). Approximately 93% percent of the college's graduates pass their licensure exams on their first attempt, and 89% of 2017 graduates passed their Multistate Pharmacy Jurisprudence Examination (MPJE). What a difference ONU makes!
Our distinctive features include:
- Direct-entry (0-6) PharmD program; one of only seven in the country (ACPE accredited)
- 7,000-member pharmacy alumni network
- 130+ years of excellence in pharmacy education; the college was founded in 1884
- High ROI for University graduates
- 99 percent placement rate (2017)
- 93.29% NABPLEX exam pass rate
- 88.99% MPJE exam pass rate
- Top 10 private University in the country according to US News & World Report
- Hands on extensive experience in patient care though the ONU HealthWise program provides students with opportunities to work in a mobile care clinic and provide community health outreach.
Contact us today to schedule a visit or learn more about the ONU pharmacy program:
email@example.com | 419-772-2275
Robertson-Evans Pharmacy Building
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810