Happy Holidays from the Pharmacy College
During this Christmas season, I’ve been reflecting on all the wonderful people and happenings that have highlighted the Raabe College of Pharmacy this year. Many come to mind, but here are a few that I’d like to share with you:
- Our 147 new Doctors of Pharmacy who graduated in May, with nearly 97% placement
- The more than 600 pharmacy students who all play an active role in providing health risk assessment, health screenings, medication therapy management, medication and health education, and other health outreach to our University, Hardin County, and the surrounding region.
- Our outstanding faculty who make the success of our students their daily mission.
- An amazing staff that make the college run smoothly, and serve the needs of our nearly 1000 students every day.
- Our 6,600 alumni pharmacists, who provide support to the college in so many ways. Most recently, over 100 alumni members returned to campus to provide mentorship to our third-year pharmacy students at the Professional Commitment Ceremony, followed by more than 250 alumni who joined us in New Orleans for our alumni reception at the ASHP Midyear Clinical Meetings.
- Our advisory board members, whose dedication and support are matched only by their knowledge and expertise in the field of pharmacy.
- The parents of our students who have given us their utmost trust, in sending their students to our program.
To all of you who play a role in making the Raabe College of Pharmacy a special place for all of us, thank you!
Have a wonderful holiday season, and Go Bears!
Steven J. Martin, PharmD, BCPS, FCCP, FCCM
Dean and Professor
READ OUR 2014-15 ACADEMIC YEAR IN REVIEW PUBLICATION (Published Oct. 2015)