Ohio Northern University's Raabe College of Pharmacy offers a six year Doctor of Pharmacy degree program. Preferred applicants are high school seniors who will spend six years completing the pharmacy curriculum. We are categorized as a "zero 6" pharmacy program, which indicates that the student has been admitted directly into the pharmacy program. Once admitted, the student has no additional application or admission requirements. Program retention is based on successfully completing all academic requirements. Transfer and/or post-graduate student applicants are considered only on a "space available" basis.
Procedure: First time college student
1. A campus visit is highly recommended. You may call the University Admissions Office at 1-888-408-4668 to schedule a visit and to learn about special visit days.
2. Complete application after June 1 but no later than November 1, 2007. This means that the University has received all required materials by Nov.1.
-Pharmacy Addendum including essay responses
-High School Transcripts
-Aptitude Test Scores (ACT and/or SAT)
-Reference Forms (2)
Apply using a hard copy application or online application
3. Once your application file is complete, it will be evaluated in the following three categories:
-Aptitude: ACT/SAT test scores
-Achievement: high school record, essay, recommendations
-Activities: out of classroom interests including volunteer service & jobs
4. After College of Pharmacy evaluation, selected applicants will be invited to campus for a personal interview which is required for admission consideration. If you are not invited, you will be notified that you will not receive further consideration for pharmacy admission.
5. Interviews will take place in December and final admission decisions will be made prior to the Christmas holidays.
6. If you received an admission offer, you will have 30 days to make a $200 deposit and accept the offer. After the 30 day period, you may request an extension. The College will go to a "waiting list" for additional candidates if necessary.
7. Accepted candidates will be invited to University Scholarship Days held in January and February.
Procedure: Transfer/Post-Graduate Students
Transfer/post-graduate applicants are only considered if and when space becomes available in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd year of the six year, direct entry program. First preference to fill these seats goes to current Ohio Northern University students wishing to transfer into the College of Pharmacy. If there are not sufficient qualified candidates internally, qualified "external" transfer applicants will be considered.
1. Applications as outlined in #2 above must be received by April 1, 2008.
2. Qualified applicants will be invited for mandatory interviews during the last two weeks of April
3. Admission decisions will be made prior to May 1.
Robert McCurdy, R.Ph.
Raabe College of Pharmacy
Ohio Northern University
Ada, Ohio 45810