You are here
Move-In Day, Aug. 21
- Move-In will begin at 8:00 a.m.
- All traffic will enter campus from Main Street via College Avenue. Please review the arrival map for information regarding your residence hall and parking.
- Each student will need to have a photo ID (such as a driver’s license, state ID, etc.) in order to get your key at the residence hall.
- Upon arrival, the Klondike’s Crew (upperclass students from Greek and Religious Life) will greet you and help unload your vehicle. We request that the driver does not leave the car during this time. The unloading will occur very quickly with the help of the Klondike Crew. The driver will then be able to move the car and park in various lots noted on the map.
- Any items which can be marked with the hall and room number will help Klondike’s Crew to get the items to your room without any delay.
- Lunch will be provided for students and family members on move-in day. Lunch will be served in the dining hall in McIntosh Center from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- At 2:15 p.m. students will participate in the Summer Reading Small Group Discussion. Upon arrival, students will receive an orange card indicating where their class will be meeting for the day. Be sure to bring your summer reading book as well as a writing utensil and paper to this session.
- During the summer reading discussions, family members will also have sessions to attend. There will be a total of 6 sessions offered and individuals will have the opportunity to attend two different sessions during this time. All of the sessions will end in time for the processional and convocation.
- At the convocation, students will process in with their discussion groups led by a faculty member and will sit with this group throughout the convocation. Family members are encouraged to attend the convocation. Immediately following the convocation, students will recess out of the Field House and will meet up with their family members outside prior to the dinner.
- At 5 p.m., the Farewell Dinner will occur on the lawn between McIntosh Center and Weber Hall. Dinner will be provided for all new students and family members. On the way to the dinner, we invite our new students to sign the Spirit Rock outside of McIntosh Center as a way to make their mark as a new member of the University community.
- At 6 p.m., family members will depart campus as the first session of the evening will begin at 6:15 p.m. for all new students.
- If you have any questions regarding move-in day, please do not hesitate to contact 419-772-2431 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you on August 21!
Move-In Day FAQs
Q: Can we get the key and check-in prior to 8 a.m.?
A: Move-In Day will begin at 8 a.m. The residence halls will be open at this time and the Residence Hall Staff will be available to assist with your check-in at that time.
Q: We have a long drive to get to ONU. What time does move-in end?
A: There is not really a set time that move-in ends for the day. New students have their first class/reading discussion at 2:15 p.m. on move-in day and all students are required to attend. Each student is different with how much time they will need to get settled so we ask you to plan accordingly. Due to the large amounts of students arriving at the same time, please also plan for any delays in getting checked-in due to increased traffic from other students and families.
Q: How do I know the location for my Summer Reading Small Group Discussion?
A: Upon check-in at your residence hall, new students will receive a small orange card with the location of your discussion group. The Welcome Weekend schedule will also contain a map to help you navigate campus throughout the weekend. If you have any questions, please contact your Residence Hall Staff.
Q: What are the locations for the Family Sessions?
A: Upon check-in, a family schedule will be provided with information on events/programs for the day as well as a description of the family sessions. The locations will be provided on the schedule and staff will be around to help you locate your sessions.
Q: Are family members required to participate in Move-In Day activities?
A: If family members are on campus during move-in to assist their student, we encourage you to participate in the activities. A schedule will be provided at check-in of the various activities. We do not require family members to attend move-in day.
Q: As a student, I am moving in early (examples may include athletics, band, etc.). Should my family come to the events on Move-In Day?
A: The activities for family members on move-in day are not required. We encourage those on-campus with their students to participate in the various activities, although it is not required.
Q: How do I get my ID card?
A: If you had your picture taken during Summer Orientation, you may pick up your ID card in the Dean's Heritage Room of McIntosh Center between 9 a.m.-4 p.m. on move-in day. If you did not have your picture taken during Summer Orientation, please go to the Controller's Office in Lehr Memorial during this time to have your picture taken.
Q: There are many activities occurring on Thursday. What is the appropriate dress?
A: You will be moving into your new room, getting settled, and participating in many activities. Dress for the day for students and family members is casual.
Q: When do I pick up my parking permit?
A: Parking permits are available for pick-up on move-in day from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. in the Dean's Heritage Room of McIntosh Center.
Q: When is the bookstore open?
A: The bookstore will be open all weekend! On move-in day, the bookstore will be open from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. On Friday, Aug. 22, the bookstore will be open from 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. On 23-24 the bookstore will be open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.