Corporations and Foundations
Ways to give
- Annual support through employer/employee matching gifts
- Funded scholarships for undergraduate students
- Creation of new professorships and research centers
- Support for faculty research related to corporate interests
- Grants for purchase of equipment
- Funds to upgrade and renew laboratories and facilities
- Gifts-in-kind of equipment and software
- Major gifts for strategic University initiatives
Many local, regional, national and international companies strengthen their relationships with Ohio Northern through meaningful and targeted gifts to enhance the University’s mission. Such strategic investments address critical institutional needs and reinforce corporate philanthropic missions both on campus and in the greater community. These strategic partnerships with Ohio Northern provide corporations with reciprocal benefits.
We recognize corporate supporters with significant public exposure. All supporters are listed in Ohio Northern’s annual Donor Report, which is distributed annually to institutional and individual donors, as well as colleagues in higher education. Significant contributions to capital projects also may be recognized by naming a room, wing or laboratory in honor of the donor. We make every effort to keep corporate donors informed about the projects they support, as well as other activities of the University.
The coordinator of proposal development seeks to continuously boost foundation funding by offering services that ensure all funding proposals sent out by the University meet a specific standard. The office also operates as a campus clearinghouse for deans, faculty, staff and development officers so that foundation communications are strategic and coordinated.
- Presser Foundation
- Christopher Reynolds Foundation
- Fifth-Third Foundation
- Thomas J. Evans Foundation - skills center
The grant-making programs of private foundations, associations and charitable trusts are evaluated with the aim of matching foundations; priorities with new and existing programs or projects at Ohio Northern University.
Information about Ohio Northern is provided to prospective partners. Assistance is provided to faculty in initiating and developing relations with foundations.