The Writing Center
- B.A. English, Millersville University
- M.A. Rhetoric and Composition, North Carolina State University
- Ph.D. English and Education, The University of Michigan
Sandra Elsass, firstname.lastname@example.org
B.S.B.A. - Ohio Northern University
Need help with writing or preparing presentations?
Work one-on-one with our peer tutors to improve your written work. Trained student tutors assist students with developing work at all levels. Call (419) 772-2186 or stop by to schedule appointments: Heterick Memorial Library, Second Floor.
One-on-one tutoring appointments available 2 to 5 p.m. M-F and 6-8 p.m. M-R. You can bring rough drafts of your written work to The Writing Center for help with organization, style, grammar, and mechanics.
At your appointment, an assistant will:
- Read your draft aloud
- Ask questions to help you revise your draft
- Show you how to use resources to help with spelling, punctuation, grammar, and usage problems
- Make suggestions, not lecture or grade you
- Not judge your work--they will show you how to judge it yourself
To prepare for your appointment, you should:
- Think about what you want to work on with the tutor
- Bring a copy of your assignment to the appointment
- Bring your notes, ideas, and rough drafts
- Bring writing materials
- Leave time to revise before your due date