- PhD, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Akron, Akron, OH, 2007
- MS, Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Akron, Akron, OH, 2003
- B Eng, Electrical Engineering, Beirut Arab University, Beirut, Lebanon, 2001
- Logic Design
- Computer Architecture
- Signal Processing, DSP
- Hardware implementations of DSP systems
- Wavelet signal processing
- System modeling and simulation
- S. Khorbotly and J. Carletta, "Real-Time, Low Cost Embedded De-Noising of Motor Position Control Signals." IEEE MWSCAS. Montreal, QC, Aug. 07.
- S. Khorbotly, A. Khalil, J. E. Carletta and I. Husain, "A Wavelet Based De-Noising Approach for Real-Time Signal Processing in Electric Motor Drives." IEEE IECON. Raleigh, NC, Nov. 2005.
- S. Khorbotly and O. Ugweje, "Efficient Transmission of Wavelet-Based Images Using MC-CDMA Systems." IEEE SSST. Tuskegee, AL, Mar. 2005.
- S. Khorbotly and O. Ugweje, "Diversity performance of Multi Code Spread Spectrum CDMA System." IEEE WCNC. Atlanta, GA, Mar. 2004.
- O. Ugweje, S. Khorbotly and C. Madubata, "Performance of Conv. Coded Multicode SS CDMA System." IEEE Globecom. San Fran., CA, Dec. 2003.