- Professor, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 1990-present
- Adjunct Prof. (Statics), University of Findlay, Findlay, OH, 1994
- Assistant Prof., Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 1979-1990
- Teaching Assistant, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN, 1977-1979
- Teaching Assistant, Texas A & M University, College Station, TX, 1975-1976
- PhD, Computer Aided Design, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 1980
- MEME, Machine Design, Texas A & M, College Station, TX, 1976
- BSME, Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 1975
- Computer-Aided Design
- Mechanical Design of Components
- Theory of Machines
- Engineering Analysis
- Control Systems, including applications of controls (PLCs)
- Statics, Dynamics, Strength of Materials
- Advanced Strength of Materials
- Numerical Methods
- Freshman Engineering
- Database programming
- Hardware & Software Maintenance
- Computer Aided Design
- "Principles of DL-405 Family Programmable Logic Controllers," Dr. Michael J. Rider, 6th edition, 2007.
- "Teaching Theory of Machines through Applications," ASEE conference, 2006.
- "A Unique Undergraduate PLC Course," ASEE conference 2005.