Dr. John-David Yoder
Dr. Yoder has 25 years of experience in factory automation and robotics, both in industry and research settings. He has been recognized as a winner of the Society of Automotive Engineers Ralph Teetor Educational Award and the KEEN (Kern Entrepreneurial Engineering Network) Outstanding Faculty award. He has served as an Invited Professor at INRIA, and as a NASA Faculty Fellow. He has received grants at ONU in the areas of intelligent systems and entrepreneurship education.
- Chair and Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2011-present
- Chair, Mechanical Engineering Department, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2007-2009, 2010-2011
- Associate Prof., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2004-2011
- Assistant Prof., Mechanical Engineering, Ohio Northern University, Ada, OH, 2001-2004
- President/Engineer, Yoder Software, Inc., 1991-Present
- Proposal Engineer/Supervisor, GROB Systems, Bluffton, OH, 1998-2001
- Computer Programming, SMI Technology, 1986-1989
- PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- BSME, Mechanical Engineering, University of Notre Dame
- Computer Applications
- Intelligent Systems
- Innovation in Education, especially creativity, design, entrepreneurship, appropriate technology, and bringing practice into the classroom.
- Computer Vision
- "Using the disparity space to compute occupancy grids from stereo-vision" Matthias Perrollaz, John-David Yoder, Anne Spalanzani, and Christian Laugier. Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2010 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on. IEEE, 2010.
- "Automatic Visual Guidance of a Forklift Engaging a Pallet," Michael Seelinger, John-David Yoder, Robotics and Autonomous Systems, December 2006.
- "Long-Range Autonomous Instrument Placement," John-David Yoder and Michael Seelinger, Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Experimental Robotics (ISER 06), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, June 2006.
- "High-Precision Visual Control of Mobile Manipulators," Michael Seelinger, John-David Yoder, Eric T. Baumgartner, and Steven B. Skaar, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 18, No. 6, December 2002, pp 957-965.
- "Initial results in the development of a guidance system for a powered wheelchair," John-David Yoder, Eric T. Baumgartner, and Steven B. Skaar. Rehabilitation Engineering, IEEE Transactions on 4.3 (1996): 143-151.
525 South Main Street
Ada, Ohio 45810
Tuesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Wednesday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Thursday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.